Ankle replacement

Smig100
Smig100 Member Posts: 26
edited 29. Jun 2014, 13:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi every one I am going in for an ankle replacement on my right ankle on the 7th of July. I had an ankle fusion on my left ankle 12th of November 2012 .that ankle is fine now can feel one of the screws near the surface but does not give me any pain. Hope this op goes as well as the last one if so I will be able to look for work again. Have not worked for nearly two years so am looking forward to it could not work because I could hardly walk because of the pain.like they say onwards and upwards.by the way I am 57 .

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Best of luck with this.

I need either an ankle replacement or a fusion but am putting this off for as long as possible due to how I would manage being non weight bearing on that leg for weeks on end. (I have a right partial knee replacement and worry what would happen to that if it took all my weight). My left knee is knackered and needs replacing but again I am delaying this.

I hope that everything goes well for you. As you've had one ankle replaced already at least you know what to expect for your post-op situation.

Keep us up to date with how it goes please.

Take care,
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Smig100
    I am so glad the fused ankles went well, we have had a couple of ankle replacements on here and they did well,if you use the search button not the top one but the blue one underneath and type in ankle replacement something should come up, I do wish you well with it and please come on and let us know how you are doing...
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello smig. I hope it goes well for you too. You may have noticed that kareyan3 also has a thread entitled 'Ankle replacement'. It's currently on this first page and might be of some interest to you. Are you getting a bit nervous or do you feel quite confident in view of your previous fusion?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Smig100
    Smig100 Member Posts: 26
    Yes I will keep you all updated with how things go
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Hi Smig

Had ankle replacement surgery just over 3 years ago and everything appears fine.
    Have posted details of my op,each stage and subsequent progress in detail in previous postings.
    Am due to see the surgeon on 8 july for my annual check up,will report on results.
    Hope all goes well for you,keep in touch.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)