Nhs tier 3

Options
wendyom
wendyom Member Posts: 4
Hi there
I was medically retired from the NHS June2012 on a tier 1
sadly my arthritis fibromyalgia ect has continued to get worse.
I am now applying for a Tier 2., could anyone tell me if I can claim any benefits if Im granted tier 2. But saying that there is a tier 3 which actually would be the one I would need as I am unable to work any more

grateful for any responses
wendy x

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry, I've no idea, Wendy. This seems to be something specific to the NHS so maybe a Union Rep or someone? Failing that, I can only think of C.A.B. or DIAL UK. They might know. Good luck.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mary38
    mary38 Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I am will be applying soon for early retirement. Ref Tier 2 you can earn up to 5200 a year ( Lower Earning Limit changes every year) in work. You can get ESA but it will be deducted per rota of pension, CAB can help you more with the figures it is very complex. Your first year on ESA if you get insurance contribution which you should as you worked, they won't take savings pension into account which is good.

How did the process work for you, did it go smoothly. Once you handed in your application form did they end your contract and give you a months pay in lieu. My Union is hopeless and can't tell me anything.

It would be nice to hear from someone who has been through this procedure and been granted early retirement. I would be happy to help you too in any way I can. As far as I am aware there is no Tier 3 pension on NHS. To get Tier 2 you need to be able to prove that you will not be able to work ( in a similar role outside NHS until your normal pension age.)
    All the best
    Mary
  • Cornish
    Cornish Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I am considering asking nhs about early retirement. Was it simple and was it you or them that brought the subject? I have been off the past 6weeks and still don't feel able to go back. Any help would be greatfully received.
    Moira