It seemed like a good idea at the time

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 8. Jul 2014, 13:58 in Community Chit-chat archive
This morning, for the first time in months, I decided to have 'proper coffee' in my one-cup cafetiere. I rarely have coffee let alone the non-instant variety.

Lack of familiarity bred contempt. I shoved the doofah down in not quite the right place and, when I tried to lift it out again, it was having none of it. Yup, the whole lot – over me ( I was wearing a cream blouse and fawn trousers.) the unit top and sides, the floor, everything on top of the unit and everything in the large drawer and also the cutlery drawer underneath.

It was one mug. How did it permeate everything? Most things, including me, ended up coffee-coloured apart from the air which was blue :oops:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I manage to do this quite regularly. I'm not sure what the mechanics of it are but it seems to be something to do with a cruel and evil coffee genie living in the bottom of the cafetiere. Mr LV thinks I am a bit odd for managing to do it because he NEVER does (and regularly shakes his head at my fine achievement)...but then a few months back he did manage to somehow explode my beautiful little italian stove top espresso maker all over the kitchen. The pot embedded itself into the wall, Mr LV went white with the fear of where the boiling hot pot could have embedded itself and we are still discovering the amazingly inaccessible places exploding hot ground coffee can get itself. The explosion shadow was quite a good physics education though.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    It's amazing isn't it, how far one cup of drink can travel? :shock: And yet, when you want to wipe a counter you seem to have to have endless supplies of water/detergent to do it with. Such is life!

However, on the positive side you haven't hurt yourself (well, I hope not anyway!).

Good excuse to sort the cutlery drawer out although I'm sure you really don't want to give yourself extra tasks to do.

Better luck next time. :wink:

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Aha, perhaps you should be more pessimistic. If you were a cup half empty kind of person, there wouldn't have been so much coffee to spill :D
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    Numpty, I love your...erm....logic?

Grace, thank you. I tidied the drawer last week :roll: Such is life.

LV, Crikey Moses! That must have been scary. Please tell me you left it embedded in the wall as an ornament.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Stick to tea, it's safer.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Steven Wright