Spare me a thought at 08.15?

Megrose489
Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
edited 14. Jul 2014, 15:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've put this on Chit-Chat because it's not arthritis related. I'll be having an endoscopy tomorrow morning because of my acid reflux. They think I might have a hiatus hernia, so all will be revealed at 08.15! If you could spare me a thought, I'd appreciate it! :shock:

Meg

Comments

• krisbe
    krisbe Member Posts: 95
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck, you're very brave.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Will be thinking of you. I had to have a Gastrocopy done a couple of months ago which showed I had a hiatus hernia although as I didn't have any symptoms it was a bitof a shock! Fingers crossed it goes well.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Meg
    Of course I will spare you a thought..good luck with it and I hope it doesn't take long..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    thinking of you. Mig
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Will do, & a cup of tea in spirit in the hope you can have one asap after the procedure. Good luck with it & the result.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'll be up and around by then so yes, count me in. Good luck, I hope it's not too bad. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Good luck meg will be thinking of you..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Good luck with this Meg. Hope you're having this under sedation. Let us know how you get on please.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Aw, thank you all so much. It went quite well. I had sedation, but finished up with three puncture marks - both arms and the back of my hand - as they couldn't find a vein! It doesn't usually happen to me, so I think the veins were running away in fear. :shock: The actual procedure was fine - didn't really feel anything - and the nursing staff and the doctor were lovely. No hiatus hernia and my oesophagus was normal, so pleased about that. And the cup of tea and biscuits afterwards were wonderful, toady. :D So, it looks as though the reflux is being caused by a loose oesophageal sphincter. I'm now waiting for another appointment to see the consultant and discuss it all. He may want me to try different medication, or, alternatively, I may just have to learn to 'live with it'.

Thanks again for all your good wishes, which are much appreciated.

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well done my lovely, it must be a huge relief that it's all over; I remember the tea and marmite toast I had after my double carpal tunnel, both were scrummy (which can't often be said about hospital food). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Megrose, I'm so sorry I missed this but you really wouldn't have wanted me around. I've had the family staying and there's not much of me left :wink: I'm glad it all went well. No hiatus hernia has to be good and I hope the rest can be dealt with :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad to hear it all went well. Hope the consultant can come up with a solution for you.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad it went well Meg, lets hope they are able to do something for you...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles