That rare thing, an honest plumber

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 18. Jul 2014, 10:15 in Community Chit-chat archive
Yesterday my boiler went wrong so no hot water. I phoned my regular plumber (heating) who hoped to come yesterday evening but got caught up in another job so came this evening instead.
He came in, went up the boiler and came back down about half an hour later saying it was fixed but there was no charge as he had tried out 4 things, got it working but wasn't quite sure which part had been at fault.

He has the attitude that it's in his best interest to keep his customers happy as then they will come back to him.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I too have an honest plumber, he's a local independent and of course if he gives a shoddy service he knows his name won't be passed on. I would never bother with British Gas, their men never seem to be accountable to anyone and the service can be shoddy too, my elderly Aunt had a terrible time with them. I am glad your boiler's mended, even in this heat hot water is useful! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I know of an honest plumber known him a long time..my husband..hes the same he comes home and say she was a single mum, and old lady a gentleman with one leg..we were never meant to be rich...he has elderly customers that ring him up for everything..including can he walk the dog :lol: he is also meals on wheels for some now beat that.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    But he does have a lovely wife :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    But he does have a lovely wife :D
    :oops: thakyou SW..I shall tell him that.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You'll probably have to keep on telling him :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    My other half was a plumber/heating engineer (Corgi registered) before he had to take early retirement due to ill health (M.E.,). He had a small regular client base who would recommend him to others wanting someone trustworthy and who would do an honest, reliable job for them.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!