Today's diary

Cr4679
Cr4679 Member Posts: 16
edited 31. Jul 2014, 12:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Woke up, not too much pain, just a shoulder troubling me a bit from sleeping on it I think. Sat on edge of bed and my great hubby fetched me a cuppa (he is the best at doing a cuppa!) . Took meds and 15 mins later I got up, said bye as hubby left for work and started compiling a small to do list.
Today's list :
Read last few pages of great gatsby
Research Northumberland for possible hol
Tidy desk, it is overflowing with XXXX!

Hope you all have a good day :D:D

Moderated for language - even with use of * for some letters! - see Forum Rules #1
Mod B

Comments

• LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi,

A big welcome from me.

I just read your introductory post and this one. As the saying goes 'two birds one stone ....' hence my reply here.

I am a long time OA sufferer. Pain mostly in my knees and hips. On meds and dealing with a flare up at the moment, but, enough about that.

You mentioned finishing of the last few pages of Great Gatsby. Wonderful book!! If you are interested, we have a book club here on the forum, which is always open to new members. You will be able to find it in within the Chit-Chat forum. It would be good to see your there. At least have a stalk around and see if it takes your fancy. The book of the month is Morgue Drawer Four.

I really do find being apart of such groups help take my mind of my pain. It stops me from focusing all my energy on it, which possible magnifies it even more.

Lisa
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello again :D I see you found Chit Chat. Good.

I had a boring day compared with yesterday. Mostly washing, washing up, cooking and exercising. I did manage 1/2 hour outside with Mr SW and a 1/2 bottle though :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and welcome from me
    I dread to think what my diary would say..wrote a list of things to do...didnt do them, :roll: the best bit I do get a cuppa in a morning off hubby..and this afternoon my youngest GD came to visit...so have been sat in the garden laughing at her...hope you get your desk tidied and Northumberland has the best beaches so I'm told... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • Cr4679
    Didn't sleep so good last night, the heat was a bit stifling. Woke up 6.15 and just wanted to go back to sleep!
    Had breakfast and my first ( first of many!) cuppas. Thank goodness for my kettle tipper , so I can make tea as and when needed.
    Deciding what to do with my day. Pain probably about 4/10 at minute, so manageable. Number one on the list is to go into town and get an A4 file to put my family history records in. Love doing it, but sending for certificates is ssssoooooo expensive. But, unable to travel far so will get one or two certificates a month. I always think having RA is weird, you can do many things others can, just much much slower.

Have a good day, think positive.
  • Cr4679
    Thanks Barbara, sticky wicket and Lisa. Pleased you read my post. I have posted today's diary too. Enjoy reading, and hope we can chat when we are all online.
    X
  • stickywicket
    That sounds like a plan :) Mind you, being of the idle type, I'd be inclined to shop online for the file :roll: My plans for the day are supermarket :mrgreen: cuppa, exercises, making a start on tomorrow's meal as a friend is coming tomorrow and reviving myself by ringing another friend and having some laughs. You might enjoy popping into 'Val's Cafe' for a virtual cuppa and natter :D It's here on Chit Chat.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    My plans for today? Recover from yesterday. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • LisaW
    LisaW Bots Posts: 37
    My day so far, a bit of pottering about and few cuppas. I keep walking past the ironing thinking 'got to get that done'. 'Got to get that done'. Though, now, I better get cracking with dinner, otherwise it will be ham and cheese toasties again :)
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    My day? Taking it easy after meeting up with friends yesterday evening, putting away the shopping (supermarket delivery service), some washing and a walk while we still have dry weather. Oh and a phone call to the GP to see if my blood test results are back yet -they aren't.
    Easy meal tonight, prawns, new potatoes and salad with raspberries to follow.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Cr4679
    :D hi everyone
    In a fair bit of pain with shoulders and neck. Just taken it easy. Started reading "salmon fishing in the Yemen" by paul Torday. Seems it will be a good book.
    Had afternoon nap then did some light dusting.
    Been throwing it down all day, so kind of pleased I do not feel inclined to get in my electric chair and go into town.
    Hubby and I will be visiting mum tomorrow, probably get chips from her local chippy.....yum! :D:D:D
    Have a good weekend all!
  • Slosh
    Haven't read Salmon fishing in the Yemen but watched the film which was fun and enjoyable. Still waiting for blood test results. Did some gentle tidying today ready for a friend to visit tomorrow, so got to buy cream cakes tomorrow morning.
    Enjoy your visit to your Mum and the chips.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Cr4679

Welcome to the forum from me :)

Probably belated :oops:

I see you like reading? There's a book club here in chit chat if you haven't found it already I know you would be very welcome :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • Cr4679
    Hi everyone
    Hope you all had a good weekend.

Woke up tired, just as I have done for the past 3 days. Feel like a blooming zombie. :D
    Does anyone else get fatigued? How do you all manage?
    Managed to get up and dressed and took myself out for a coffee. I find, if you can, a little fresh air helps.
    Weekend was ok ish. Visited my mum and had some nice fish and chips Saturday lunch time.

Have a good day,
    X
  • dreamdaisy
    I've been waking up tired for years now, I'm used to it. Plans for today include finding a home for a new toaster (far too much bending will be involved, oh to be able to kneel :roll: ), digging out an extension lead so I can install a lamp in a dark corner of the dining room, ironing, resting and cooking dinner. Oh, watching Wimbledon too - pleased Twitchy Nadal is gone.

I am currently working my way through the DS Lasser series of crime novels - bursts of that are my rewards for doing the boring things. DD
  • Slosh
    Feeling tired as well, had a few worse than usual nights recently which are catching up with me.
    Agree about trying to get out, I try to get out for a walk every day if the weather is good, even if these are shorter than they were last year.
    Off to GP later for blood test results and sick note. Bit anxious that when he finds out my left shoulder has given up again, and I now have fairly constant pins and needles in both hands he may send me up to A and E again so I will be going prepared with kindle, ipod, phone, charger and meds. My theory is if I do that he won't send me.

Hope you wake up feeling less fatigued today, I always liken it to feeling like a flat battery. If only there was an easy way to recharge.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Cr4679
    Hi all,

Thanks for all the good comments. Hope you are all well.

Today, Thursday, I woke feeling a bit more human, as sleep has been difficult lately. Hopefully all good from now on.

Been into Nottingham today and met my best friend, Jill. We never stop laughing. People look at us as if we are two women in our forties Drunk as skunks! Hahaha. Jill and I have been pals with each other for over 28 years. Never stop laughing, but we are each others crutch too. Everyone needs a friend like this :D:D:D:D

Have a nice evening everyone, xx
  • stickywicket
    Well done. Glad you enjoyed your day :D
    Steven Wright
  • Cr4679
    Well,despite the weather forecast, I managed to nip out for a coffee at a local cafe. Very friendly in there and always bring my drink over to the table for me. Shame not everywhere are as helpful. Still no sign of rain .

Not feeling very bright today. Gone back to feeling zombiefied again. :((

It is injection day for my etanercept tomorrow. With luck that will perk me up.

Hope everyone's ok today!
    Xx
  • Cr4679
    :D hello all!

Sorry not been on for a bit. Been on holiday to Berwick on Tweed.
    It was a nice hol. Pain behaved itself, apart from the long journey left me with pain in my legs and bottom! Haha. Took two painkillers ( and had a biscuit of course!) and laid flat on my back for 30mins or so. This seemed to sort things out.
    Been worried about my brother whilst away. He is an alcoholic and been on a "bender" for 10 days. He is not in a good place :(((. .
    Met my best pal today for lunch. She is well and her new business is doing well. Pleased for her.
    Wonder if I could start a business from home. Anyone on these forums do such a thing?
    Hope everyone is well and look forward to catching up with all your news!

Xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Welcome back! I'm glad you had a lovely break, it does us good doesn't it? I am sorry about your brother, I guess you cannot help until he wants help, has he ever gone for treatment? Ultimately it's his life but alcohol is an insidious thing, it's a legal addiction but wrecks lives - mind you, all addictions wreck lives. :(

I used to work at home until my arthritises got too bad. I was a private tutor for dyslexics so could organise things to suit me. Life here is quite busy at the moment, we're having home improvements done so it's noisy, dusty and the kettle is rarely off! :lol: DD
  • Cr4679
    Hi all

Thanks for the replies :)
    Dream daisy, it sounds murderous at your place at the mo :D

Feeling not too bad at all. Had my electric wheelchair serviced, and my stairlift, so should both be safe to continue using :D

Been for a browse around the shops in town. I have a very sweet tooth and found all of the treats hard to resist :lol:

Now sitting with feet up , a cuppa and biscuit :D bliss :D

Take care all

Xx
  • stickywicket
    I like Berwick. I once had a fun-but-freezing January day on the ramparts :lol:
    Steven Wright
  • Cr4679
    Today's diary

Today has most definitely been a good day. Pain levels are good and had the energy to sort out lots of paperwork and clean out budgie, who is Bertie. A terrified little budgie who was traumatised as a chick. Now he is very very timid and too scared to come out his cage, bless him.

Had a bit of a shock after looking at old photographs. My joints have become more crooked over the years and really in a bad shape now. Gives you a jolt when you realise that, don't you think? So self conscious, and at 45 I want to be young, gorgeous and unrestricted. You soon realise that's not going to happen .

Sticky wicket, that sounds interesting :wink:
  • stickywicket
    The photos that scare me are the old ones when I was on steroids. Talk about 'moon face' :lol:
    Steven Wright