Bursitis of the hip

Options
paulch
paulch Member Posts: 103
edited 2. Aug 2014, 06:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
:( Hi all. Just had a batch of x rays of my hips thinking that arthur was causing me all this pain and weakness , turns out that i do have mild arthur in hips but have chronic Bursitis of the hips causing walking and stairs very difficult, also because of stroke i had 6 yrs ago this has amplified it all i am to have physio for my left foot which came through quick 10 days for first treatment !!
I am to have ultra sound guided injection for bursitis
question have many of you had this bursitis ?

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, yes, I've got hip bursitis and, like you, I thought it was arthritis at first. I had an x-ray, but, again, like you, this showed mild arthritis only. It's really painful, isn't it? i have it in both sides, but one side is worse than the other. My GP gave me a steroid injection, but, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have made much difference. It wasn't ultrasound guided. I'll be going back to see the doctor in a couple of weeks. I've had steroid injections in my hands before and they worked really well, so I think I've just been unlucky. I hope that your injection works well and you're soon pain free. Also, hope that the physio helps with your foot, too. Take care.

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello paulch
    I had injections for bursitis of the hip before I had it replaced, sadly they didnt work for me,there was another lady in at the time and she said it had made a big difference and was back for a second lot,like Meg I have had them in my hand and they worked brilliant
    So I suppose its one of those things you have to try..good luck I hope they help you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • trepolpen
    trepolpen Member Posts: 504
    Options
    one thing I found that helps with Bursitis of the hips is Difflam cream (benzydamine) , you will have to ask your GP for a prescription as dont think you can buy it over the counter in the UK .

its a NSAID GEL that works well on Muscle pain (myalgia) + Rheumatic pain. & Sprains, strains and sports injuries.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/aches-and-pains/medicines/difflam-cream.html
  • paulch
    paulch Member Posts: 103
    Options
    :) Thanks for replies and advise saw physio weds and she could not do much for me as Bursitis was painfull also i got to see a different type of physiotherapist for the neuropathy loosing feeling in my left foot. She advised me to see doc for some meds for bursitis i will ask for that cream, as the waiting list for treatment is 4-6 weeks :roll: