Hi little request for pocket dwellers please

nearlybionic
nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
edited 31. Jul 2014, 08:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I have not managed to get on here for a while. Busy at work =exhausted NB plus supporting my Dad with his `stuff` too.
We went to see his surgeon last week as follow up after his op to remove the tumour. We were hoping for ok it`s all gone, see you for check ups but no! The tumour that was removed was a grade 3 ( his tumour could be graded from 1-3, 1 being the least worrying ..) and there is another one in there that can`t be removed. So he is going back in for another op, although I can`t remember why ? before starting a course of chemo. He will have a camera to see if the chemo is working after the course, and if it is then start a maintenance regime. He is very down about it all, and makes me feel useless.
I am going in for my injections in theatre into my sacro iliac joints on Wednesday. Mr NB is taking me in for 7.30 am but he is off to work straight after and I will have to ring him when I am done. I hope it helps me as I have been suffering with my back and leg pain.
Any tips for after the injections welcomed !
I hope you are all doing as well as you can x
NB

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm so sorry your dad has to undergo another operation, NB, and the news isn't what you had hoped for. You're having a tough time.

I'm afraid I haven't had an injection into my sacroiliac joints, so can't offer you any tips, but I'm more than happy to be in your pocket on the day to offer my support.

I hope it all goes well and gives you the relief you need. Take care.

Meg
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'll be there to dwell in your pocket. I've never had my SIs injected but I guess rest afterwards would be a good tip. Good luck with all you are dealing with xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thanks Meg and Lignumvitae
    I have taken a couple of days off work so hope this is enough.
    NB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Will be there N B ,special hugs to you and your dad.Mig
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I will be there mi lovely. .
    Also, you really have to rest the joints for a bit once done. It's not the greatest procedure but it's very very far from the worst.
    Should be over fairly quickly.

YBH'S
    xxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You can pop me in your pocket too. Hope it goes well and you see an improvement from it
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Count me in,. NB. I shall be quiet as I've no experience of this.

I'm sorry the news on your Dad isn't great. I hope the second op can help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Count me in N.B, Hope it all goes well. Will text you couple of days after to see how you are doing. xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    I will be there wishing your dad well, and I will be with you in theater, this is the injection I face so will be picking your brains,I do hope it brings you some relief..(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    I'll be there. My surgeon recommends to rest for at least a day after the injections, more if possible. Some people on the spine forum I used to go on reckon to try and stay lying down too to stop the steroid running away! Not sure how much truth there is in that! My experience was that my back hurt so I didn't feel like doing much the next day anyway. But afterwards it was great!
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Good luck NB, I can be in your pocket too. Haven't had SI injections myself, but do follow the directions for taking it easy afterwards. I think there is good logic in doing this following an injection, even if you start to feel better right away. I think it has to do with keeping the steroid in the joint space as long as possible to calm the inflammation. Moving around will hasten fluid movement out of the joint, and therefore the medication.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Sorry N b I am taking a friend for a Colonoscopy on Wednesday will be thinking of you hope it goes well and. I'm sure you will take the others advice and take it easy........Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    Thank you all you lovely people! It is good to know there will be someone there with me.
    I am planning to do NOTHING on Thursday. I am in work on Friday, but in the office only. The hospital rang to give me a date for my follow up appointment after my injections, next Wednesday. Wow, they are organised!
    My Dad has his pre op on Tuesday, and his op the week after.
    Busy time ahead for us :roll:
    Thanks again, early start tomorrow so set your alarms! :lol:
    NB
  • tjt6768
    Give me a nudge if I fall asleep on the bus en route NB, I ain't much good at mornings.. :lol:

Best of luck with it... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • nearlybionic
    Hi
    I`m back!! Thanks for your support xx
    I was the first on the list for theatre, so not too much waiting about. I had lovely gown and paper pants ( :oops: ) and had to walk in to theatre. Once in they got me a step to get up onto the operating table, and I had to lie on my tummy with a pillow under my tummy area.
    I was hooked up the bp cuff and oxygen saturation and he painted my back(and rear end :oops: :shock: ) with antiseptic stuff before did the local anaesthetic injections into both sides over my sacro iliac joints. The next bit was a bit uncomfortable, when he put the needle into the SI joints under Xray guidance before injecting the steroid and pain killer stuff in. I felt a bit of pressure and some nerve pain in my cheeks :oops: and down my legs. Then it was done! A couple of plasters, wheeled back to recovery, a cuppa and some toast and was ok to go. Mr NB came back for me and I have been on the sofa ever since , doing a bit of retail therapy!
    It was a bit `stingy ` around the area just afterwards, but now just feels a bit bruised, as he said it might. So I wait now to see if the stuff hit the spot, and it is used as a diagnostic injection as well as for pain relief. I go back to see him next week to see how it is going.
    Time for another brew I think, anyone else??
    NB
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So pleased it went well, NB - yes, I remember the paper pants! I hope it works for you. Take it easy now. A decaffeinated tea with one sugar for me, please. :D

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad it went well and hope it works for you. Nice strong cup for me please, no sugar.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello NB
    I was suppose to be calling this morning to say good luck,but I had blood test..I really do hope it helps,must say it sounds very much like the spine injections I had , not nice are they..glad you manage to lie on your tummy , and I really hope they bring you lots of relief.. I will be thinking of your dad...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Well done to you, that cannot have been a pleasant experience but you've come through it. Rest as much as possible, please, so that the stuff really has a chance to soak in and get to work. I would like to keep my fingers crossed but I have to cook. :( DD

PS Please take it as easy as possible on Friday.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Well done! Take it easy today! I hope they work for you. My facet joint ones were brill for 3 months and then wore off over the next 2-3 months.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    You rest up today N.B and drink plenty of tea and watch the Commonwealth games or something on the box or even read or play some addictive game!! Just make sure you rest up to help the injection do it's job! Enjoy today before your back at work tomorrow.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Nearly Bionic
    i hope it works for you and keeps your pain away. i wish your dad all the best for his op.
    take care both of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tjt6768
    Hi NB. I'm glad that you got through it ok. I really hope that it works it's magic on you. Rest rest rest. Oh, and while the kettle is on. . Tea, two sugars and not too milky. Only if they're tetley tea bags :!: :wink: And. Only if your OH is making it and you're resting. Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Glad it was OK(ish) and I hope it works well :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright