PIP GOT IT!

ruby2
ruby2 Member Posts: 423
Yes got the decision today! Backdated to the original application date of August 2013 which they lost. Thought they would try to get away with back payment to 2nd application of December but they didn,t.
Will make such a difference as I have had to gradually drop more and more hours at work over the past few years.
Hang on in there everyone who is still being processed my assessment was 19th May.
Ruby

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm very glad to hear it. Well done for persevering :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Good, I am pleased and I hope the extra money helps to ease matters for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ruby2
    Thank you SW & DD yes it will ease the psychological effect of ...the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak syndrome! ... Its very frustrating but gives me a bit of time before my fate is decided upon next year regarding work.
    Ruby
  • debram
    debram Member Posts: 115
    Well done! I put in a claim Oct 2013 and had a letter March saying I would be assessed but nothing since.
    I've struggled in work for quite a few years, went sick Feb 2012 and following 2 independent assessments - have been granted early retirement from work.
    At least now I have a small pension - last year I was in the support group for esa but rang them April to tell them I have a pension so that was stopped.
    I had esa for 12 months after my pay stopped and thought being in the support group would mean they had all the relevant info for my Pip claim.
    Not so - also as part of my hr assessment I was sent to a gp who does pip assessments for the govt and she found me unfit. So 2 assessments finding me unfit - gp letter and consultant and psychologist letter plus being on support esa doesn't make any difference.
    I don't know why one dept for benefit can't share the Information they've already had to assess people for other benefits for new pip claims.
    Either your fit or unfit for work and if you qualify for one benefit surely that information could be used?
    That would save waiting times for some people and thousands of pounds paying for more assessments!
    Are there other people in the same position as me?
    I'm lucky to have my pension and really feel for the people who have no money whilst they wait the unacceptable amount of time for benefits - I don't know how the govt expect people to live!

Good luck for your future wellness! !

Deb x
  • ruby2
    Deb Dont give up you sound like you are almost there, it really cant take much longer now. I did go down the complaints route due to them losing my original forms..I sent everything registered post (or what ever thats called now). Its a very frustrating proccess That really shouldn't be taking so long for. Personally I didnt prepare for the assessment I just went in and told the truth and I think tats always best.
    Good Luck.
    Ruby
  • debram
    Thanks Ruby,

I won't give up though I did feel like it at one stage. I thought-" well as I now have a pension I can manage".
    My nurse told me not to give up too and said it's intended to help people like me me to get help!!
    I could really use some help! I've been getting taxis to the GP as can't do the 15 min walk!! Ooh come to think of it......ironing, cleaning, cooking, getting out of bed!etc etc etc . Give the hubby a rest!!
    The list for us all is a long one!!

Good luck to you too :D

Deb x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Really pleased for you Ruby.

Elizabeth xxx
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    Well done so pleased for you.
  • mommy2two
    mommy2two Member Posts: 8
    Hiya Everyone,

I made the original phone call for PIP way back in Dec 2013.

I had my assessment on 7th May this year. DWP didn't receive my report until 29th July :(

Really hope I hear something soon...its been a very long 34 weeks.

Sarah xx
  • debram
    Hi Sarah,

I hope you hear soon - thats such a long time to wait for the assessment to reach the DLA- on top of the waiting for assessment! !

I'm being assessed Thurs- they were supposed to come last week but didnt show up!
    I was so wound up prior to the apt and physically sick ,
    They've now rearranged so will go through all that stress again. What exactly happens in an assessment & how long do they take? I'm terrified. I did consider cancelling myself as I don't think I can take the stress.

xx
  • mommy2two
    mommy2two Member Posts: 8
    Well apparently my case had to be taken off the lady that did my assessment, not sure of the exact reasons but I'm guessing it's something to do with the time scale of submitting the report.

I'm waiting for a decision now but god only knows how long that will take.

The actual assessment wasn't all that bad, I was very very nervous though. Basically they go through all your personal details and then each question on the form. They will ask you a typical day routine and then give you an opportunity to add anything. My assessment took 2 and half hours. Think after been refused DLA last year I really wanted to make sure the assessor had a very full picture of my conditions and how they affect me. It was very tiring. I suffer terrible anxiety and panic attacks (been hospitalised through my attacks) and for that reason I decided not to appeal the decision the beginning of last year. After seeing my GP in December he said I must re apply and I really should have been awarded. Mentally I'm in a much better way now even though physically I'm alot worse.

You MUST MUST MUST stay strong and carry on your application. This benefit is for people like us, people that need that bit of support. Sorry I've rambled on abit but hope it helps.

Xx
  • debram
    Thank you mommy2two,

Gosh that is a long time - at least now I know what to expect.
    They should have come yesterday when I couldn't get out of bed for pain and fatigue. Thankfully my hubby came home from work early as I hadn't even had a drink- I couldn't lift my arms to get my water glass to take my med's. Today I'm a bit better and am up but not dressed.
    I think I'll have to make sure my mobiles in the bed with me so i can call for back up!

If I'm having a "good day" when they visit or rather a " better day"(they're never "good" are they? ?!!)
    l will just tell them what the bad days are like & hope they believe me!

Xx Deb xx
  • ruby2
    Good Luck Deb,
    Really nothing to worry about, they lead with the questions and sometimes I had more to add than what she tried to suggest, so go off your bad days and make sure when they repeat the answer back that they caught it all.
    My appt lasted around 40 mins no longer tell them everything you use to make things easier...even if its not a product made especially for the job such as the things from lululus thread ideas to make life easier. My assessor was good at chatting generally and we talked about things I hadnt realised I was doing to help myself.
    Hope it all goes well.
    Ruby
  • debram
    Thanx Ruby,
    I will.
    I'll also post how it went!
    XxDebxx
  • debram
    Had my assessment. He said I was the most complex case he's dealt with as I have several illnesses/problems.
    It took about 1 hr and half and I went to bed after - exhausted.
    I couldn't do all the tests he wanted me to and fell over when he asked me to lift one leg and stand on the other.
    I don't think I told him all I should have as I was being cut off and told "ill ask you about that later" I forgot then.
    The gentleman was professional and polite- no complaints buy you know when you feel like you should have explained things better or said things differently?
    Like he asked how far I can walk without pain- I said i walk but am in pain. It varies too.He said "how far about 50 meters" I dont know how far 50 meters is so I said 4 houses in my street so he said that's 50 metres and no more than 200.
    I don't think it's 50 metres and anyhow on a bad day I just don't get out of bed.
    I had a day like that yesterday - trapped inside a body that wont move - exhausted - too exhausted to get my med's.
    I tried to explain that but we'll I just have to wait now. 6-8 weeks.

I don't think I'll get any help

Debxx
  • michelle240
    michelle240 Member Posts: 3
    Hi congratulations on getting PIP. How long did you wait from putting your first application in? i think i need to apply as i cannot work much longer due to pain
  • ruby2
    Hi Michelle.
    I first applied in August 2013 but they said they hadn't received it before the dead line... Luckily I had sent it by recorded delivery or what ever its called now and they traced they had received it, but whoever had opened it must have binned it as it was not scanned onto the system...So I had to fill it all in again with a deadline of December... assessment in May and decision in July, it was backdated to the original date of August 2013.
    Good Luck with yours!
    Ruby