Feeling relaxed

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 15. Aug 2014, 06:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
Made it to my spa break. Lovely country hotel, apparently it was built in 1928 for the then owner of Harrod's and the wood and carvings are very reminiscent of Liberty's. I had a ground floor room booked, but on arrival, with Fred and Ginger, (my crutches) they moved me to another room with easier access, so I have an accessible double room to myself with sit down shower which is great as I was worried about using an ordinary one. Went for a walk round the gardens and realised how much easier it is with the crutches, and then sat in the sun and enjoyed a cream tea.
All in all just what the doctor ordered!
Looking forward to sampling the dinner menu tonight and then a day of pampering tomorrow.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :mrgreen: Have a wonderful time Slosh. Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    I hope you thoroughly enjoy yourself Slosh

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :D:D Good. Just what the doctor should have prescribed :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Felt stuffed after dinner last night and the same afte breakfast, couldn't resist smoked haddock with poached eggs! Think it might be good for my waistline that I have to leave today. Hoping the sun comes out again this morning. Slept very well last night and feel very glad I booked this and the timing has worked out perfectly. Will have to remember to do this again, perhaps I can include it as part of my "self management" programme.

Sitting in the garden yesterday, enjoying the sun and listening to the birds was perfect.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    That sounds exactly what the doctor ordered, sounds like you had a lovely time, just what you needed..................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Pedicure, massage and facial to look forward to today
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    How lovely Slosh, and you was wondering how you would get on, I do think the things we worry about turn out to be the best ones.. :D you enjoy being pampered today..it would be nice if this came on prescription.. :D x
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Glad you enjoyed your pamper break, I can imagine it being totally relaxing! I agree with Barbara it would be great if you could get pamper breaks on prescription, I would have it on repeat prescriptions!! :lol:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    bubbadog wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed your pamper break, I can imagine it being totally relaxing! I agree with Barbara it would be great if you could get pamper breaks on prescription, I would have it on repeat prescriptions!! :lol:
    Hi bubba..there is a GPs near me.. not mine may I add :roll: ..and they are trialing massage..I might just change GPs... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Set me up for a five hour drive back! Only took about 90 minutes going there but unfortunately as only one tunnel at the Dartford crossing was open it took three hours to do ten miles.

Still very glad I did it and will definitely go again. Just want the sun back so I can show off my fuschia pink toenails.
    Julian of Norwich