Well done the England cricketers!

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 17. Aug 2014, 14:43 in Community Chit-chat archive
We won :D Easily in the end :D and what a turnaround!

Alistair Cook rode out all the criticism and calls for his resignation, and was even brave enough to thank his wife for her support. Mike Vaughan was gracious enough to admit he'd been wrong. I'm not sure about the rest who were calling for his blood.

Newby Gary Ballance did a brilliant job in his unaccustomed position of No3 and showed no nerves. Stuart Broad batted bravely today after having his nose smashed. Moin Ali (and I was in the camp that felt he was only a bit-bowler) just went from strength to strength. How fitting that he should take the final catch!

A good job done, England :D Now take it over into the one-dayers :P
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Well done boys. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Totally agree with you, Sticky. Alistair Cooke had to deal with awful criticism from all directions, and he never dodged an interview. I'm so pleased he - and his team turned things around.
    Coming from Durham, mind you, I hope Ben Stokes gets another chance.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Me too. But, coming from Yorkshire, thanks for Liam Plunkett :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Thanks indeed! He`s really turned things around since he went to Yorkshire - he`ll be fine as long as he remembers drinking and driving isn`t a good idea unless done about 24 hours apart!
    Both my sons played cricket, and the younger one came up through the leagues with Paul Collingwood & Steven Harmison. He wasn`t up to their standard of course, but boasts proudly that Harmy never got him out!
    Now my grandsons are playing, but they live in York and play their cricket there.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Not a cricket fan..but the boys did good, fingers crossed for next time, :)
    Love
    Barbara