Defunct mobile.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 20. Aug 2014, 07:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
My Samsnug Galaxy has finally given up the ghost. It won't switch on, it won't charge, it just sits there, a lump of useless plastic. Thrice I've removed the battery, re-fitted it, tried again to switch it on but no joy. :(

The house we rented for a week was hit by lightning last Sunday which exploded the wifi and the phone line, hence 'radio silence' from your truly. The owner was away so it wasn' t dealt with until today, just as we left. :lol: We're home now and the washing machine is going - did I really go away? :? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello DD
    sue has the same phone that would not come on you could not charge it. it came back to life the next day.
    good luck
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    do you have a charger? I wonder if its the charger not working? or it needs a new battery. Don't change your phone just yet.

I have just done 12 days without WIFI and kids were a bit edgy to say the least but I didn't miss it at all.

Glad you are safely home now.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    I thought you were ignoring my texts :shock: :?
    Lol

Blimey. .
    Do you have a car charger? If so try charging the phone that way in case it is the charger.
    I know the batteries aren't super on these phones but that shouldn't be the have happened. .

xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Cor DD you don't half live on the edge,glad to see you back.I have no advise to offer other than chuck it out and get a new one. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    Thank you one and all, it has been gently declining for some time now, it reached a real low point whilst we were away in that it took twelve hours to charge by 4% despite locations services and wifi etc. being disabled. I suspect the battery is at fault so will go and speak to one of the apparently nine year old assistants in the O2 shop (seriously, they are stupidly young!) who may be able to help. I still have nine months left on my contract with them so don't know what my options may be. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    It's sprung back into life. :shock: Apparently the battery had drained overnight instead of recharging but I will still go and ask some dim questions in the O2 shop tomorrow. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    DD have a look on line how to defrag ...I had to do it to mine has it was taking forever to charge..glad its come to life...it tells you what to do on line ..hard to explain..
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    Don't let them talk you into buying another expensive phone. Pretty sure it will be the battery is not connecting.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I heard somewhere....not sure where though :?
    That mobile phone batteries are deigned to only last a year and a half. So that we are forced to 'upgrade' no doubt :roll:
    Love
    Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    Yep Toni I think you are correct.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Different phone and company but my husband hsd a similar problem with his phone and as it was still in contract was able to get a new battery free of charge.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    There is something seriously amiss with it: I can no longer receive emails on it, I can send them but replies are not arriving and haven't done since the lightning hit the wifi at the rented house. Events yesterday spiralled out of control thanks to pain, tiredness and computer ignorance but I will try to get into town today to ask questions. :( Oh heck. :cry: DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Sorted. :D All by myself too, I feel stupidly proud and appalled by my less-than-basic knowledge and understanding of my phone. It is now recharging via my computer, maybe that will work a little quicker. DD
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I`m glad it`s all sorted now for you, and I`m filled with admiration you did it by yourself. I have a Samsung Galaxy, and we spent a couple of weeks in France in June, near the Pyrenees. The thunder storms were nothing less than spectacular, though fortunately mostly at night, and my phone wouldn`t work properly either, after a truly horrendous storm. Unlike you though, I had to get my daughter-in-law to sort mine!
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    How's your phone today DD?