The trees round here are changing colour.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 22. Aug 2014, 15:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
There's no doubt about it, many of them have a very autumnal tinge to their leaves which has taken me by surprise. What about the trees near you? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    No change in the colours where I am but it definitely feels cooler and more autumnal today.
    Don't think I should have bothered getting my toe nails painted last week when I had my pedicure.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • FelicityD
    FelicityD Bots Posts: 39
    How funny! I was just thinking the same thing this morning. As I watched the yellowish leaves fall from the tree in my back garden. Does that mean we will have an early A/W 14? I hope not. I really suffered last winter:( Maybe it's time to migrate to warmer climes ......
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Ours are still green, but leaves are falling rapidly! And the wind is blowing all the apples off the tree!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Yes I noticed a certain tree across the rd had a yellow tinge in some of its leaves..here's hoping we have a lovely Autumn :) ..much better than the really hot weather...
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Yes, same here with a few leaves changing colour/and or falling. It doesn`t feel like summer is going to return any time soon.Remember those lovely long hot days last month...............................
  • Slosh
    Had a central heating engineer round this morning to fix my boiler and he asked if I wanted to keep the heating on.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    We're still very green as a walk round a local reservoir today proved.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    The leaves on the tree's by us are still green but you can defiantly feel the change in the temperature.
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I noticed a few yellows at the start of the month. I put it down to ageing trees but I have noticed the windows aren't as wide open and the girls are snug in pyjamas not free in just a nappy with a fan blowing at them like they were through the night last month. I love the colours of autumn but I find it sadder than winter for it's transition. On the plus side there will soon be blackberries!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Slosh
    I'm like your girls, but without the nappies! Last month fan on at nigh, no cover. This week, jim-jams, no fan and duvet, but still my light weight summer one. Doescmake night times a bit more comfortable. Already seen some ripe blackberries down here in East London. Trees still seem quite green though
    Julian of Norwich
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    It is still very green around here but it 'smells' of Autumn.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    The trees here (Canada) are changing color but it's from the long, dry spell rather than cool weather. Maples are turning yellow, cottonwood leaves are falling and some conifer needles are turning red on the inner part of the branches. It happens to some extent every August/Sept. I can never decide if this is my favorite time of year, or is spring? So lovely, each in it's own way. I am not sorry to say goodbye to the hot weather this year. Good riddance heat!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Trees outside my window have had a yellow tinge for a few weeks and the temperatures have definitely plummeted I think, my sensory nerves cant tell the true temperature. I only know I have had my onsie and heating on for a good few weeks now :o xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Schools go back at the start of next month so the sun and warm weather will be back then.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My Scottish grandson is already back at school and my Californian one started kindergarten yesterday.

The leaves are still hanging on tight and green and I'm still in my summer, very thin nighties but that may change soon.

Checking my washing, I felt the lovely, warm sun on my face and thought I might take my lunch outside. Then the sun went behind a cloud and I decided definitely not :lol:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    The leaves are starting to fall here as well