Had a day of something I didn't recognise

Boomer13
Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
edited 2. Sep 2014, 20:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello;

Something mysterious happened today: I felt h-a-p-p-y. I laughed and generally was bewildered because I had almost forgotten what it was like. Nice :D

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    How wonderful for you. Hope you manage to keep hold of the feeling.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Enjoy it. I hope it continues
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    It does occur every now and then and isn't it lovely? I hope it lasts but if not it will return because it's not only the bad things that do. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I hope you hold on to your happiness Anna for a while at least xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh Anna, how lovely! I'm very pleased indeed for you. Grab it with both hands, bottle it and re-play it as often as necessary :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Yes, it was very lovely and somewhat strange because I am still painful. Happy and painful hmmm, that's a new concept for me. I'm definitely bottling, grabbing it while it lasts. I think it may be that I'm feeling so much better since stopping Sulfa. Not a good drug for me and spent too long soldiering through side-effects instead of complaining. Lesson learned, I hope... :?:

I was still there when I woke up....... :D
  • stickywicket
    Good :D
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad to hear it
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Long may it continue Boomer... :D xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Always good to hear and long may it last :D
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    It's one of the LWA ironies isn't it that such an episode firstly takes a while to identify and is then of so much more note and value than for 'normal' folks - every last minute will be savoured.
  • FelicityD
    FelicityD Bots Posts: 39
    I really could use of of those days:) What's your secret? It's funny how I can think back to times that made me happy but I don't become overcome by emotion. Sorry to be a downer. Moving on..... May more of your happy days reign upon you. You earned it!
  • Boomer13
    Sorry Felicity, no real secret. I think PsA is just under a bit of control at the moment. I usually have a better time with it in late summer/fall. It started getting under control with the hot weather here. That was a first, I think. Last year the heat was sheer misery.

I've had a horrible time since last ~Dec, so not able to do much and not pushing myself. I'm sure the triple DMARDS are doing some good, although it's only two now as I dropped Sulfasalazine. My diet has been atrocious because of nausea/vomiting. Things are not perfect as I am still taking lots pain drugs and wrestling fatigue but that feels normal somehow in the twisted world of arthritis. I've stopped being vestibularly challenged, nauseated and the migraines have stopped for now and I haven't begun a new flare. Lucky me :roll: This has left me happy :D:D for now, at least. I will enjoy it because if I know myself, it won't last.

Daffy, you are so right.

....I've just thought of possibly the most important thing: almost nothing stressful has happened since early spring. Stress is the thing my PsA gets most wound up about.
  • TeaBag
    TeaBag Member Posts: 101
    :lol: Long may you be happy x
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    "Clap along if you know what happiness is to you.." :D (ok, possibly too happy?! lol)

Good on you & v glad to hear the nausea & balance side of things is improved. I
  • Boomer13
    :lol::lol: and then we could have a group happy-hug..... :lol:

It is nice for those of you who haven't had any for a while. Happiness, that is :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've been thinking about this and overall I prefer contentment to happiness. The former is deeper and longer-lasting and I am, basically, content. I have a lovely husband, a comfortable home, a reliable car and some money in the bank. One of the small flaws to that contentment is sitting on the worktop warming through before being administered - I guess I can't have it all. :wink:

I hope you are still feeling happier, Anna, you have had a rough time of things this year so maybe things are finally on the up. DD ((( )))
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,095
    Boomer13 wrote:
    :lol::lol: and then we could have a group happy-hug..... :lol:

Way too late, I realise my blue link only shows as blue type on here :oops: thanks to that, I sound a little :shock: (serve me right) :lol::lol:

Group hug anyway, why not :lol::lol:
  • Boomer13
    Nice to see you, Toady. Hope you are doing well. Here, take your part of the group hug ((()))

DD, I think feeling happiness currently comes from the sheer relief from not having extreme nausea, headaches, vestibular problems more or less constantly. I have been so overwhelmed by this, had completely lost my sense of humor and been barely able to think a thought beyond how unwell I have been feeling. I think I know what it means to "lose your senses", to be so distracted that the outside world barely registers as important.

Contentment would be nice, but I am not used to the rollercoaster ride of symptoms that is PsA and my neuropathy. I still feel I cannot get used to it, but I'll take how I'm feeling now for as long as that lasts. Since I can still flare very badly despite meds, I'm expecting it will be over soon. Overall, it's such an unpredictable beast, this PsA.

Maybe PsA will teach me contentment eventually. Maybe not. It's not a trait that is frequently present in members of my family, even the healthy ones.
  • fortuna
    fortuna Member Posts: 149
    I had a real shock today! I found myself singing and feeling happy. having had a dad flare in hands and feet recently and still suffering a bit it came as quite a shock! It lasted all afternoon until my right hand ring finger decided to dig itself into the palm of my hand, Where if remains! Always something to spoil a few precious minutes.
    Fortuna
  • Boomer13
    Sadly, it did have to end sometime. Yesterday I suspected something was going awry as my skin start to flare and last night multiple joints were up to no good.

Not ready for another flare-up :cry: so I'm reaching for my prednisone to start the day. Haven't taken it since ~February, so I think I'm ok to take it and rheum recommended I do 10 day pulse doses if I'm painful again. I am supposed to start a yoga program tomorrow (sigh).
  • stickywicket
    Sorry it's come to an end. I don't suppose you can connect the change with anything – diet, weather, anxiety, raised temperature due to other stuff? Do what you have to do, Anna. I hope the yoga helps.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Weather I think, Sticky. It's changed dramatically from +27 and sunshine ten days ago to +13 and thunderstorms/rain. The heat was uncomfortable but better for the joints, methinks. If only we could have it all...
  • stickywicket
    Ah, the great unpredictable :roll: I'm the other way round. I can take any amount of cold as long as it's dry cold. In heat I just melt, stiffen and swell though I think it's the humidity that does it.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    The great unpredictable indeed. This year my joints liked the heat, last year I stiffened, swelled and swooned with pain, then had some reasonable weeks in the cooler fall. This year it's opposite :roll: