Depo-medrone

TeaBag
TeaBag Member Posts: 101
edited 31. Aug 2014, 16:38 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all any info on Depo-Medrone I got this injection on 13th August and have noticed a little less swelling and pain over the last two days would it take this long to work I wonder ? this is the 1st one I have had . 8)

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Frankly we don't know. I've had a few of these and not had any success at all, others find them effective for up to three months or maybe longer. Sometimes they kick in within days, sometimes it's longer. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • TeaBag
    Thanks Daisy yeah I did a search and it all seems a bit grey I really hope it is it working and it does for a while one side effect I do have is a very dry and bad taste in my mouth in the morning :)
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    These usually worked for me within a few days but everyone is different. I hope you do get some relief, Teabag.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Dancing Girl
    Dancing Girl Member Posts: 25
    I usually feel the benefit (more flexibility / less pain) from a depo injection within days and find they tend to last me around 8 weeks. x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I had one in my knee a few years ago now, I remember getting some relief within a few days, but didn't last long, everyone's so different with them..I hope you are now getting some relief from yours please let us know
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    For me, if the depo worked I would feel the benefits in a few days. It's important to rest for about 48 hours post-injection to give it the best chance of working.

Tezz x
  • TeaBag
    I wasn't told to rest at all ,mine was injected into my hip :roll:
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Many people on here say a few days and my rheum said up to a week. However, I've had quite a few depots and I've always found that it takes up to a couple of weeks to take effect. I've not been told to rest either but I've seen it advised on here, so I do try to rest.

I get mine in my bottom, lots of flesh there. :wink: