Back to school

TeaBag
TeaBag Member Posts: 101
edited 28. Aug 2014, 13:45 in Community Chit-chat archive
My 9 year old goes back now on 1st September he is very excited ..not so much myself the dreaded school run back into a routine it is all good really roll on Christmas :lol:

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I go back as well on Monday, won't last I know but at the moment after being on sick leave since January I'm quite excited too. Think I'm probably the only teacher in the country feeling like this.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I'm looking forward to the kids going back to school as well at least we will be able to get a seat on the buses and go shopping without screaming misbehaved kids everywhere. Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    A couple of years ago I would now be looking forward to two weeks off having worked through the summer break. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Took my four year old Grandson his new school coat and lunch box already for him to start "Big School" next Wednesday. He is very excited. My two and a half year Grandson also insisted on my buying him a lunch box too and is desperate to go to school as well. When my daughter said he couldn't go because he was too small his reply was that he was a "Giant". Think he will be very upset next week.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Its seemed a much shorter summer break this year ever shorter summer shall miss the kids on their bikes and round about BUT maybe its because I am Grandma so dont have to do to much :lol::lol: