Hi

Options
kev22
kev22 Member Posts: 2
edited 10. Sep 2014, 12:56 in Say Hello Archive
Just a few words to introduce myself:
Until recently I was pleaded with myself for still being so active in my 60's
Pride comes before a fall so they say: I have had pain and mobility problems since February and was diagnosed with RA 2 months ago.
My biggest problem is has been coming to terms with the fact that there are now some things I can no longer do willy nilly as I have done in the past but I am lucky in that I can still lead a fairly normal life.
I have nothing but praise for my local rheumy department and I attend exercise sessions at the hospital weekly.
A big plus is that I haven't sufferd any side affects from the methotrexate so far - fingers crossed.
This forum has been of immense help and encouragement so thank you all
Keep smiling

Kev

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kev and welcome to the forum. I guess if you've made it into your 60s without RA you probably weren't expecting to get it now. Not that there's a good time to get it :roll:

You sound positive and upbeat and that will be a big help but don't beat yourself up about coming to terms with it. You're in the very early days yet and it's a lot to get your head round. If you've any questions just ask away and we'll try to answer them. (You'll get more replies on the Living With Arthritis forum.)

I'm glad you've no problems with the meth – me neither :D Forums like this tend to be dominated by those who are having problems so they perhaps give an unbalanced view of life with arthritis. Loads of people are so busy living fulfilled lives, despite their RA and meth, that they never need to come on here.

Please join us on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat (the most popular forums). We don't bite and I promise I'll keep smiling :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Kev and welcome
    Sorry I am late I went away for a few days, I am glad to see you can still lead a near normal life..and long may it continue..hope to see you around the forum
    Love
    Barbara