I suspect I've been a twerp.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 4. Sep 2014, 14:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
I fear I've fallen for a computer scam, the sort along the lines of 'Pay us a shed-load of money to fix your machine'. Je suis une clot. :oops: I've texted Frog to let her know that I won't be around until this is sorted so won't be able to update her thread. :oops: If any of you have my email please don't send me anything because I won't be switching it on until I have the all-clear. Apparently I have been 'Trojaned'. We'll see, yes? DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh no DD? Is it one where they make you pay to get it back again? Oh dear hope you'll be able to get some help on that.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Sadly, this is all too easily done DD. You're not the first to fall for it and you won't be the last. :( :?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    I have a thread somewhere on here in the archive on how to clear all unwanted Trojans and software not needed.
    Meantime Avast is the best for deleting them.
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    You won't be alone on this DD there's so many scammers about these days its hard to avoid them.