Anyone else itch all over pre flare?

tjt6768
tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
edited 6. Sep 2014, 07:26 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know this might sound a bit weird but last night I couldn't sleep for pain but also my entire body was itching. This has happened many times before and it's usually a pre cursor to a flare up.
My left elbow and right hand have been hurting a bit more each day for a few days now. . Me thinks it's on its way :roll:

I was just curious about the itching. . There is no rash involved or change in skin colour etc. .

Thanks for reading. .
e050.gifMe-Tony
n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
k040.gif
Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I've never got itchy pre-flare and, as I'm currently dealing with the dubious delights of cellulitis, I'm considering other sources for your itching :idea:

You've been in a few hotel bedrooms recently. And been handling wildlife. I hope you got through a lot of anti-bacterial gel but, if not, monitor it well and be ready to get to the GP.

Sometimes it's not the arthritis that causes other stuff. It can be other stuff that causes the arthritis to flare.

Take care.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I itch but that's due to eczema and psoriasis. I agree with Sticky, sometimes it is all too easy to attribute everything we experience to arthritis. This might be something else - have you taken your temperature? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I'm constantly itching at the moment Tony. I don't have a rash either but I'm now covered in cuts which bleed when I scratch which is pretty much all the time. I find It is worse when I go to bed.

Although I did have some scratching issues a few months back I noticed it started to get worse when I came back from Spain in early August so I initially blamed mosquito bites but it should have stopped by now. I've also started BP pills so wonder if that is the problem!

Anyway whatever the cause it is driving me mad.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Could it be your new meds Tony ..I seem to remember a few people on here with bad itching after taking or injecting there meds
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    I use plenty of hand sanitizers wherever I go Stickydoodah.. It only ever seems to happen as a flare up starts..
    I will keep an eye on things and mention it to the GP next visit.. I don't have a temp at the minute DreamyDaisy but I feel a bit crappy, but again, that's the usual with me flaring.
    Dunno if it could be the meds Barbara-arbara hun.. I don't think it is..

Elizabetha, I hope yours settles very soon mi dear.
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    You're a mystery, Tony 8)

I find that anything that raises my temperature is likely to have the RA kicking off but, if you don't have a temp....

Itching can be caused by so many things.

I do remember you said in the past that you can some genetic liver problem. Might there be a connection with that? I know my daughter-in-law got some liver problem when pregnant and she was horribly itchy all the time.

Or, I guess, as you say, it could be an imminent flare warning. I hope not.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I can't say I get particularly itchy, although I do have eczema which does bother me at more times than others.

I saw Sticky mentioned it but might be worth getting your bloods done as itchiness makes me think "liver".

All the best!
  • tjt6768
    By eck wummun, you do have a good memory lol... I have Gilbert's Syndrome. I doubt that is responsible though.
    Judging by the increasing pain in mi left elbow I think the inevitable is going on :roll: also, last night, well, around 3am my jaw started hurting all of a sudden :? That's a new un for me :lol:

An early night tonight me thinks.. Thank you ever so much your Stickyness :wink:

Thank you Starburst.. I am probably due my blood test soon.. I will mention this. Also, I may ring the rheumy nurse and mention it. Plus the fact that I have been flaring a few times lately, maybe I could temporarily increase my sulphasalazine..

:D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Tony mate, please don't do anything until you have contacted your rheumatology nurse/helpline/department. We are not the proper people to advise because we don't know (let alone understand) your full medical history; they may be better informed, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    I won't hun.
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    So far nobody has been the slightest bit interested in my itching. The GP gave me a prescription for a cream in July (not had time to collect it) because my skin looked dry and I was scratching a bit but its a hundred times worse now. Rheummy, 2nd GP, Nurse and lady he took my blood said zilch when I mentioned it!

Sitting on this laptop and I have to keep stopping for a scratch, stomach and arms seem the worse today but yesterday it was back of knees and neck.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Maybe it's not connected at all then hun.
    I dunno. .
    I'm flaring right now and the itching has gone altogether :?

Strange

hope yours stops soon mi dear
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    I do get crazy itching all over my body now and again, it drives my OH mad! Not sure if it's pre-flare though, haven't thought about it. But I do know what it's like for you!
  • tkachev
    Mine has improved a little Tony. Wonder if it as the warmer weather? Just a thought.

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    Mmm.. Could be hun. I'm glad it's settled down for you. I'll wait and see if it happens again with the next flare up. :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP