To charge a toothbrush

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 8. Sep 2014, 17:35 in Community Chit-chat archive
I've just had a strange experience with my electric toothbrush :? Firstly it wouldn't charge. We determined, by trial and error, that the fault lay in the charger. Between us we have three B**** toothbrushes in the house but, as much searching proved, only one charger :roll: So:

I checked on the large S.American river store for chargers - £22.95 :shock:

I checked the same store for an entire new brush with charger - £17.45 :o :?

I decided I needed one immediately so, as we have a local hot Indian meal store, I checked their website – new brush with charger - £19.99

I went to our local store – they don't do toothbrushes any more.

On the off-chance, on our way home, we checked our usual supermarket. They had children's ones at £17.49 and adults at about £40. They also had the one that A***** were selling for £17.45 but with no price on. The supervisor took it to the checkout and was told £29.99.

For the convenience of being able to continue to brush my teeth without using up further petrol and energy, we took it, plus 4 pints of milk to the checkout. The cashier asked for about £25 :o :? :D I could see Mr SW's mouth open so, on the basis that one of them was wrong but we didn't know which, I nudged him and he shut it again.

We had, of course, forgotten to buy a pneumatic drill to get into the packaging but he fought his way through it with the aid of several expletives and I'm pleased to report that the charger also works on my old toothbrush. So now we have four toothbrushes and one charger. I'm rather hoping the rest of the day will be more normal :wink:
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sounds like one of those how many ...does it take to change a light bulb jokes.

I'm sure buying a toothbrush never used to be so complicated
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh what a palaver...things have got so complicated in the last 20 years...I went back to a normal toothbrush..after the electric one broke ....now I am looking for another one to replace it but there are so blinking many :? ....glad to see Mr SW didn't say a word at the till.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I like a bargain. I'm glad Mr SW realised what a bargain it was. Just hoping mine lasts a long time. Couldn't be bothered going through all that.
    Christine
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I find electric toothbrushes are not very environmentally friendly because the manufacturers seem to make them sealed so you have to throw the whole b***y thing away once the rechargeable battery starts to degrade after 2-3 years, they make them so they recharge from a magnetic field rather than directly plugged in which is fine but to be fair its done to make them more bullet proof as solid contacts can't be damaged by the clumsy but that said there's no danger of electrocution as the whole thing runs on only a few volts DC but the one annoying thing they don't do which they use to is make them so you can replace the battery, I guess its because of hygiene but its an awful waste of material, they use to make them so you could so why not go back to it especially as the ones the wife and nipper use are close to £100 or so, thats a lot of cash to throw away every 3 years, my electric razor is the same, I have a philips mains and battery shaver and you can't replace the battery unless you dismantle the dam thing and de-solder the artery from the circuit board, luckily I can and its now on its 4th battery and at £70 a pop I've save myself a fair old amount but that said I do wish they reverted to making things not so throw away the planet is sinking in a mountain of plastic land fill as it is!.

PS sorry for ranting I'm up early (4am) as my left legs not good, I'm back up the hospital today as I fell over last week and have been hobbling round for 6 days with what they now think could be a broken leg, its not to bad really its less painful than an OA flare but at its worst its akin to gout but like gout I can handle a lot of pain as I know it will get better unlike the b***y OA!. GRRRRRR.

Mell
  • stickywicket
    Mell, I do hope it's not a broken leg though I did once manage to stagger round for some days on a broken hip. Good luck and please let us know how you get on. That's far more important than a toothbrush - or even its charger :wink:
    Steven Wright
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Hi ST nope badly bruised, I should say so my foot is swollen and black and blue and I did it last week!, I think I hit a vein as there's bruising all down my lower leg into my foot and its still coming out but the X Ray's were clear got nice neat bones down there pity it didn't stretch to my knees!.
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Glad to hear it's not broken
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    I, too, am glad there's nothing broken but bruises can be very painful things. I believe it's arnica or wich hazel that's supposed to speed up the healing process. Well, you always were a colourful character :wink:
    Steven Wright