Thanks

fulton
fulton Member Posts: 88
edited 25. Sep 2014, 15:24 in Say Hello Archive
Over the past few years I've been on an emotional and painful rollercoster thanks to ostreoarthritis in my foot! I had an operation last may fusing several bones together and removing some dead bone. After a check with the doctor I had the great news that I don't have any ostreoarthritis and the operation went well! I will be having the metal work removed in the near future! I would like to thank everyone at arthritis care for their understanding and support!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello fulton
    Its good to hear from you again...I am so very pleased for you..and I do wish you well for the future..I hope this doesn't mean you are leaving us...I for one would love to know how you are getting on from time to time..you take of yourself..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • fulton
    I'm not going to leave, in going to try and help support people if I can. I know I felt like a condemed man when I found out I had ostreoarthritis now I feel alive and eager to start training and running!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good for you...a new lease of life...must say the forum is a bit quiet at the min...I think people are just about to come out of hibernation... :lol: I look forward to your post..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh well-done Fulton

This is fantastic news :)

All of us are pleased if we helped in any small way.

I am extra pleased to hear you will be popping by to help other people who are in the position you were in
  • fulton
    Toni all of you have been a great comfort to me. My good news was cut short as ive been told I know have RA in my good foot and also i have hammer toe, which looks really painful, and im not really looking forward to it.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Oh Fulton I am sorry :(

Well the good news is at least the support is here for you as you know

Love

Toni xxx
  • fulton
    Now I think my hands are effected too! Stiff and painful at times!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm sorry your arthritis seems to have spread, fulton, but, unfortunately, that is what it usually does, I'm afraid. I'm a bit confused as you mention both OA and RA and I can't remember :oops: Is it both? Are you seeing a rheumatologist for the RA?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    I had an op to get rid if oa and now I've got RA! I think my hands are effected because I get pain in them and they are. Very stiff at the moment if I don't do anything with them.
  • fulton
    I'm on the waiting list for a rhematologyst
  • stickywicket
    Ah, I see. That's unfortunate. Most of us end up with OA as a result of our RA. As there's no connection the other way round, you've been very unfortunate to end up with both if, indeed, that's the problem with your hands. Are you taking anti-inflammatories? They should help while you're waiting for your appointment.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    I am
  • fulton
    Seen the rheumatologist today, feeling confused! Had blood test, urine tests and X-rays, just got to wait for the results now!
  • stickywicket
    Why are you feeling confused?
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    She said she doesn't think I have RA, even though another surgeon said I did, so don't know what to think!
  • stickywicket
    She might think you don't have RA but do have another auto-immune form of arthritis. The treatment is much the same whichever auto-immune form. When are you likely to hear the outcome?
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    im not really sure i see her again 6 months
  • stickywicket
    So she's not signed you off. That suggests she feels there's something auto-immune going on even if it's not been pinpointed yet.
    Steven Wright
  • fulton
    I know I got something I get pain most days
  • fulton
    Had results back from rheumatologist, negative on all but one of my tests and I have an inflammatory desease but I won't find out what it is until August!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    There are around 200 forms of auto-immune inflammatory arthritis, it can take time to accurately diagnose what's what. In my case it took years. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fulton
    Makes me feel like giving up on the doctors
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    If you are as laconic with them as you are in your posts I expect they feel similarly. We all get fed up from time to time with the whole malarkey of meds and doctors but they are trying to help us, and for them to do so we have help them. They need to be told everything, no matter how irrelevant it may appear to us, so they get the best over-all picture of us that they can. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • fulton
    Osteoarthritis in me back and neck, started physio yesterday, feel like I've done 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. Hopefully it will help.
  • stickywicket
    I hope it does. Things usually feel worse with physio before they feel better but, with perseverance, they do feel better in time. Good luck!
    Steven Wright