Lists

theresak
theresak Member Posts: 1,998
edited 16. Sep 2014, 16:23 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sticky mentioned the fact that she keeps a Travel List on her computer - I'm the same, but I also keep a daily "General list" of tasks I hope to get through on my kitchen worktop - partly in case I forget the cooker needs cleaning etc, partly what I might need from the shop, or a library book needs returning.

On the days when I haven't the energy for the things on the list I cheat. I normally write ' made toast, ' wrote New list, ' then cross them off virtuously.

This way I can keep up the illusion that I'm a functioning human being.

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I'm always writing notes. I have to otherwise I just cannot keep up. Old fashioned pen and paper for me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I'm another one that keeps a list of things to do, I have notes everywhere.the one thing I do wish is I could get to the bottom of the list :oops: ..maybe one day... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Did you know there is a 'lists' community on the web? Join it and exchange list ideas. :?
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    No I didn't know that?????
    I'm another one that makes lists all the time.....little sticky notes here there and everywhere as well as things on a pad :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    My only other list is a computer shopping list where I have everything I'm ever likely to want from the supermarket. I find it easier to cross things off that I don't want than to remember what I do want.

All appointments go on the calendar but Mr SW is still capable of arranging something for a date and time that's already taken up :roll:

Occasionally, if I have a lot to do in a day / week, I do make a written list and cross things off when done.

Theresa, I am never likely to forget than the cooker needs cleaning as that's its usual state :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Hello theresak,

It's not an an illusion. You are a human being and you are functioning well.
    I like the little cheats.
  • theresak
    I use the calendar too, couldn't manage without it. It's displayed in a prominent place in the kitchen, and in theory should be unmissable. However, hubby plays in a ceilidh band and frequently forgets to mark the nights he is out playing.I always have to double check if we decide to have friends or family here.

Most of my entries are wildly exciting things like blood tests, hospital appointments, podiatry etc.
  • hileena111
    Hi Tezz
    What would we do without those appointments :lol:
    Hospital/dental {when did you say your dental one was?}
    We would have no social life :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    Lol Hileena - we must have a great social life with all these appointments! My dental appointment is tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky & the consultant will be tall, dark and handsome!
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    I'm another lister. I've got a special note book with To Do List on the front. I filled about 4 pages, put it in a drawer and forgot about it. I write shopping lists, to do lists and have a calendar and a diary left open on the living room table. Also a diary in my handbag. Most things are written in all of these and transferred to the next page/piece of paper the following week. And I still forget things or don't get to the end of the list.
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Hi Christine..
    What are you like going on holiday? :lol:
    I'm dreadful.....list after list. At one time it used to be a couple of days before we went but now that I have slowed down so much its more like a couple of weeks beforehand :lol:
    I would be lost without my diary...not so much "to do" but where I'm supposed to be.
    Love
    Hileena
  • theresak
    I`m really rather relieved that I`m not the only one who is "list dependant."
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hileena, my holiday list starts with everything on it about 3 weeks before I go. As I put things on the spare bed, I cross them off and make a new list with the rest of the things. I repeat this until everything is on the bed, usually a couple of days before. :lol:

I work Monday to Friday but still write it in my diary as well as appointments and things I might do and places I might go. :lol:
    Christine
  • hileena111
    Hi Christine
    Sounds exactly like me :lol: spare room is cluttered with things
    as they get sorted.....as you say, cross things off list make a new list or by the side of items....to be ironed, to be washed etc etc :lol:
    Love
    Hileena