hello new here.

Options
lynnie52
lynnie52 Member Posts: 2
edited 18. Sep 2014, 03:59 in Say Hello Archive
Hi my name is Lyn I have recently been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both hips, with it being moderate to severe, my left hip is the worst, but right hip is getting all the pain, I cannot take antiinflammorty medicine as I am type 2 diabetic and asmatic. I am waiting to see the orthopaedic triage team to refer me to a surgeon as I have been told it will most probably mean a hip replacement.
I am 62 years old, married to Graham and have 2 daughters (1 deceased) 3 grandchildren, one mad greyhound called cleo we live in cromer norfolk

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Lyn. It's lovely to meet you though I'm sorry you had to find us. I'm 68. I've had RA for 53 years and OA for a bit less. Two sons, two grandsons, two new hips and three new knees – though not all at once :lol: I have mild asthma too.

I think you'll find us a very supportive lot though not many venture on the 'Say Hello' forum so, if you have any questions, just put them on Living With Arthritis or join in on any other thread. Chit Chat is where we talk about non-arthritis things and have a bit of fun.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, I am pleased you have found us and hopefully we will be able to help with encouragement and information because we too are all on the 'front line' of arthritis. I have PSA and the joint damage from that has led to OA in some very useful joints, the worst of which is my right knee. I think that's due to the fact that it's taken the strain for the left knee for far too many years, I began my arthritis aged 37 and am now 55. I am married but deliberately childless due to having rubbish genes - no need to inflict that on another generation. :wink:

I know Cromer very well, we often holiday in Blakeney, in fact our initial three-day honeymoon was spent there staying at the Blakeney Hotel. We live in Ipswich so the joys of the North Norfolk coast are within striking distance. I am so sorry that you have lost a daughter - to lose a child has to be one of the greatest hardships of life. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben