im new help

Options
superbabe32
superbabe32 Member Posts: 2
edited 20. Sep 2014, 05:44 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi there
im new to this im 40 with rhemotoid arthritis and trying to find a local support group in buckinghamshire can any1 help please ? thankyou :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello superbabe32. You could try looking here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/SouthEngland . You'll also get plenty of support on here from us :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hello Superbabe

Welcome to the forum from me too. You'll find us a helpful and supportive bunch here. Please do join in wherever you like.

There are local support groups obviously, on the link Stickywicket has provided, if you prefer 'real-life' contact. though many of us on here have gone on to meet up with each other.

I personally have met folks off here who will be lifetime friends and two of them live really close by.

love

Toni xxx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Superbabe and welcome, though I'm sorry you've been diagnosed with RA. I felt really isolated when I was first diagnosed, as I knew no-one with RA and knew virtually nothing about it.

Th National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (www.nras.org) have a list of regional groups.

Tezz x