My head hurts.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 28. Sep 2014, 03:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
The phone rang this morning and I was summoned to my optician's to collect my new and rather smart specs, which have a slight varifocal aspect. Ow.

I am getting the hang of reading through the bottom of them but the twist is I don't have to take them off for longer focus; as Mr D (no, not Mr DD, this is Mr D) explained I could wear them whilst I was cooking so no longer would I be putting them on to read a recipe then taking them off to do stuff.

I have probably overdone them this afternoon thro' excitement and I am now wearing one of my oldest pairs (Mr D says this is fine) because my head is somewhat 'swimmy' and painful. I will wear them tonight whilst we're eating and see if Mr DD spots them. My money is on no . . . . . DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good luck with them, DD - my mam took a long time to get used to them years ago. I don`t think my OH would spot it if I wore different specs at the dinner table - or anywhere else, come to that.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    You persevere DD my OH gave up on his...so he keeps misplacing one pair and it drives us both mad..good luck ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    I've had varifocals for a number of years I thought I would never get used to them but one day I realised I wasn't struggling anymore. Mig
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hello DD
    i have had mine for a long time (not the same pair) i wear them all day i'm short sighted they have'nt got a line a cross the middle.
    good luck
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    a070.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    :lol: Oh Frog, that's a classic Cosgan, thank you! It was just like that but now things are getting better with them, I haven't been wearing them quite as much and, just like yours Joan, mine don't have a line either; I think the varifocal technology has improved over the years and they can now be 'line-less'. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I'm glad you liked him! When I read this thread I pictured him in my head and just had to find him ;)

I hope that every day (if you don't overdo it ;) ) you adjust more. Then like Joan and everyone else you will love them :)

Did Mr DD spot 'em?

love

Toni xx