Hey :)

Options
Ossie
Ossie Member Posts: 5
edited 29. Sep 2014, 08:29 in Say Hello Archive
Hi everyone. I am a 40 year old fire officer who has been diagnosed with PsA of the hands and feet and OA of the hands, feet, cervical and lumbar spine and knees. Done 20 years and they are looking at retiring me now. I definitely do not want to go! I'm still in denial and think I will be fine in a couple of days time. Been living with Arthur for 2 years but still feel pretty isolated. Would be nice to talk to other people who know what it's like and especially other women! Look forward to chatting with you :D

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Ossie
    Sorry this seems to have got missed
    I think its a natural feeling.......denial. That's was my first feeling.....you will soon come to realise that you need help
    Welcome to the forum
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    Hi Ossie. I'm so sorry your post got missed and I hope you won't hold it against us :oops: Not many look on the 'Say Hello' forum so, if those of us who do all happen to be awol at the same time.... :roll: . Anyway, hats off to Hileena for spotting you.

You say you've only had arthritis for a couple of years yet it sounds quite advanced. It must be very hard with your job. Has there been any news yet on the 'retirement' front?

We'd love to talk to you but may I suggest you re-post on Living With Arthritis where more people will see it. Or, just join in anywhere on any other thread :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Ossie
    And welcome to the forum , like the others have said not many look into this hello section..I still say it should be at the top of the forum :roll:
    Its is normal to struggle with the diagnosis..especially when you are working..hopefully they will let you work for longer ..please post in LWA and then others can offer there support..there are quite a few on here with PSA so you should get lots of info and have us to chat to.. :)
    Love
    Barbara