The after-effects of Thursday are still grumbling.

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 30. Sep 2014, 04:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
This is getting irksome: the scary event was over 48 hours ago but I am still struggling with even basic movement thanks to the stresses and strains it caused. I did nothing for the rest of the Thursday, and not much yesterday, but today I am creaking even further, maybe because I wasn't active enough? Oh who knows. :roll: I have upped the pain relief and am taking three diclos per day but things have not eased.

I don't understand. :( DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Understand? What's there to understand? It does it 'cos it can - anytime, any place, any where as the old ad goes. I prescribe a lazy day interspersed with brief periods of exercises consisting of (a)tea-brewing (b)loo visits (c)wandering round the garden. You had a shock which has physical and emotional repercussions. Things will improve but there is no laid-out timescale. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I'm not surprised, for anyone the after effects can take a day or two to appear let alone ease off and you have the addition of RA and OA which won't have been very happy with what happened either and so are protesting.
    I like Sticky's prescription, take as often and for as long as needed
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898
    Hello DD
    i'm thinking about you ((((((((DD))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Wise words, Sticky: you'd think after living with this malarkey since 1997 (and knowing what it was since late 2002) I'd know by now that nothing makes sense and that I will never understand its vagaries. Why do humans want explanations of the inexplicable? :?

Mr DD took me out for lunch today, I opted to walk to the pub figuring it would do me some good. I think it did for around the first thirty steps or so. :lol: I had two sit-downs on the way home (having achieved the landmarks I wanted viz. a post box and the seventh lamp post after the post box) but things are protesting again and I dozed off on the sofa which has further deteriorated matters. Humph. Grrrrrr. Time for another diclo and some cocos. :roll: DD
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    I thought your post was going to be about the north of the border
    in or out thingy.
  • Slosh
    Take it easy DD
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    You did it. And you returned the sensible way. Well done, you :D
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    I am pleased to report that things are physically a little easier today so I think the walk was a Good Thing. I have to drive later this morning, this will be the first time since Thursday and I keep telling myself that there won't be too many nicked Beemers hurtling round whilst being hotly pursued by the nee-naws. Wish me luck! :lol: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello DD glad things are feeling a little better, I think you are to hard on yourself...you always get on with things even though you don't feel up to it..this will always get you through x
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I hope your drive was uneventful this morning, DD, and you got home safely.
  • stickywicket
    Good :D Very good :D:D

By the way, I always adopt that technique when walking. I set myself a target to get to before succumbing to the wheelchair again. If I make it with 'a bit spare' I set another target.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    A successful voyage was undertaken, followed by a gentle pootle round the bigger roads in Ipswich then the smaller ones and then my favourites, the single tracks with grass growing up the middle of the tarmac. :D No stolen Beemers, no skinny white males, no nee-naws, just weak sunshine and gorgeous colours in the fields and trees.

Then at 3.15 my masseuse rolled up and worked on me to a frightening and hurty degree but things are now so much easier, my tensed muscles are unknotted and my lower back definitely eased. Things are feeling much easier which is a good thing because come Thursday a tough day will dawn.

Roll on tomorrow, I hope to head into town to that famous kitchen bits-and-bobs retailer named after a district in England to maybe purchase a juicer. Now I'm off to sort dinner which is fresh trout with new potatoes, steamed carrots, peas and leeks - minimal washing up because I lack a wife to do that onerous chore! DD
  • Slosh
    Glad to hear that DD, and well done, it must have been a bit nerve wracking getting back behind the wheel in the car for the first time since last week. Hope you enjoyed your dinner and good luck shopping for the juicer.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Well done, you :D It's always best to get back in the saddle asap.

Happy juicing :D
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    The after effects may be grumbling on but as usual DD is facing them head on and attacking with all her strength. Well done! You never cease to amaze with your ability to keep calm and carry on.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    It takes one to know one, LV.
    Steven Wright