so tired

bridesmum
bridesmum Member Posts: 181
edited 30. Sep 2014, 18:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
After very little sleep last night I started on the packing again. I feel like one of those people on hoarding programs where they almost have to squeeze between piled up boxes I feel like I'm almost in a cave :lol: I'm in agony now and absolutely exhausted, I very nearly squeezed hand wash onto my toothbrush instead of toothpaste! Fingers crossed for a better nights sleep.

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi
    Try and take it easy if you can and pace yourself.

2 days ago I started clearing out a room....not just a tidy or a dust. A real throw out/sort out etc. 2 days later and Its almost done....with lots of stops in between. I did nothing today and tomorrow is filled with various appointments so nothing tomorrow.....hopefully it will get finished the following day. :roll:
    I have a trolley from the OT for my THR.....I'm on crutches so moving things from room to room isn't easy even with just one crutch so I've been sorting and putting things on the trolley {upstairs} and going from room to room with it and putting things in the right rooms......one evening when I couldn't go any further ......so tired.....I just piled everything that was on the floor {mostly paperwork getting sorted} onto the trolley and shoved it into another room where I couldn't see it :lol: and stopped...the room looked reasonable but I knew the trolley had to be sorted but I could forget about it for a few hours anyway :wink:
    Love
    Hileena
  • bridesmum
    Hi Hileena, I will try to take it easier tomorrow. The problem is we live in a bungalow with a through lounge dining room and we've started stacking the boxes around and underneath the dining table so there's no hiding it away. It must be very difficult for you clearing stuff away when you're reliant on the trolley and crutches. You take it easy too!
    Deb
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Nothing to add except to say take it easy and take plenty of breaks as ultimately you'll get more done that way.
    I always think the worst part of packing is that stage when the boxes take up more space than their contents used to.
    Good luck
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    We once were flying out to the USA a few days after I got out of hospital, virtually unable to walk. I sat in state on the commode the NHS had provided :wink: and told Mr SW what to do. It was far from ideal but we both knew that, for once, it had to work. And it did.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bridesmum
    A few years ago when we were moving from our family home to Cyprus, we had loaded all our new furniture and all our other possessions onto the container. We had to move into our sons new house which contained all our old furniture for 3 weeks. A week later I was rushed into hospital with pancreatitis and an infected gall bladder! We had to wait for the inflamation to go down before they could operate. Whilst I was in hospital for 10 days I was getting phone calls from the shipping company saying your container is on the dock where are you ? :roll: I was discharged from the hospital on the friday and flew out to Cyprus the following wednesday :o I had a raging infection, I really didn't want to leave all my family and cried all the way there. Needless to say it wasn't meant to be after such an inauspicious start and we returned home less than a year later!