numbness/loss of feeling

Options
Airwave!
Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
edited 26. Oct 2014, 13:08 in Living with Arthritis archive
Morning all.
Do any other OA people get a numbness or loss of feeling around their joints? This has been going on a while and includes my hip and knee. No pain associated with this loss of feeling other than the usual OA stuff. My doctor asked if I had it but we didn't have time to say more.

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello airwaves the only numbness I get from my OA is in my foot , this is coming from a couple of disc in my back, have you got OA in your spine or pain, it might be worth getting checked out.
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I think you should go back to the GOP, Airwave. It might be something or nothing but should be investigated.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Have to agree, go to GP and explain as he might want to send you for an MRI
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Options
    My GP is not pro activ in this respect, he says any further investigation of my aches and pains won't change the way he treats me (painkillers-yuk!!!). Yes I do get a lot of pain in my back, as I do all over.

Hail the two minute GP visit!!! March em in and march em out........ no decision needed!!
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    this is my GP, but one day I had enough, so I just walked in there and made sure he listened..you have to get across how worried you are about the numbness, and make sure they listen , don't forget they get paid very well for looking after your health..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    But this isn't an ache or pain. Airwave. Numbness can mean that the nerve endings are being compromised. I think you really should see your GP. If the GP is not pro-active then you must be. It's your body.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    Hi, I have some numbness in my right knee but this is because I have had a partial replacement. I knew when I agreed to the op that this could happen. Just a shame that my numbness is only on the skin and not affecting the natural part of the joint that's left. Never mind.

I agree with the others - GP needs to be seen.

Good luck.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!