I plead guilty with mitigating circumstances to ...

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 26. Oct 2014, 18:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Changing our clocks the wrong way last night, despite the national and local papers being very clear.

My mitigating circumstances are:
I am exhausted, completely and utterly knackered and in pain as my other half had his prostate removed 14th Oct. Since then I've been looking after him without any help. All my joints have flared, I am due to have spinal joint and nerve injections 16th Nov and have no idea how we'll cope. I am also in an early and aggressive menopause (my GP's words - not mine!). It's been a long, long slog and hard work as we usually split tasks between us.

Circumstances of offence committed:
Last night he retired to bed early - still being post op. I took the chance to make a start changing some of our clocks to spread the load - as you do. So, the clock in the lounge and the wall clock in the bedroom were smartly put forward an hour. :oops:

I then went to bed at 9pm due to being knackered (no parties here you note). Saying to my other half "don't forget to put your bedside clock and watch forward" he looked at me in bafflement. He then threw me completely when he said they went back. Oh Gawd I thought. :oops: :oops:

So, we live in a small two bed bungalow and then had about three different time zones going on. Lounge and bedroom wall clocks then had to go back to 'normal' time and then back a further hour. Felt such a fool.

Luckily my mobile changed the time itself (clever thing) and my DAB clock radio merely needed switching off and on again to sort itself out.

Actual Plea:
So, I plead guilty to being a complete and utter twit but seek leniency and understanding from the Jury please.

Defence closed.

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Aww Grace easy done I always remember the rhyme spring forward fall back, with everything you have going on its no wonder you got a bit muddled, I am sure you were not alone xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • GraceB
    I had the rhyme going through my head at the time. That makes it worse! Wonder if anyone else on here will 'fess up' to this?

GraceB
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    No case to answer ,case dismissed without a stain on your character. Mig
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Hi Grace,

I confess .... my husband was actually late for an afternoon (11am start) shift once because I forgot to alter the clocks at all and that's before I started with all this malarkey :lol:

So I say all charges dropped,

Dee x
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Hi Grace,

I think your mitigating circumstances are perfectly understandable, and with everything you have going on I`m not surprised you slipped up.

We changed ours before going to bed last night, and although I didn`t sleep for the extra hour it was nice to lie in bed a bit longer.

Tezz x
  • GraceB
    Thanks for the kind judgements.
    GraceB