AWOL!!!

hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 29. Oct 2014, 12:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi,
We will be away first thing tomorrow morning.
Be back Monday evening.
We are going with Arthritis Care......just a trip to Blackpool
Hear you then....Have a nice weekend
Love
Hileena

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Don't you go taking that hip of yours on the Big Dipper or the Waltzers :wink:

Have fun. Are the illuminations on yet?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Hi
    I think I would be too scared to go on big rides now with osteoporosis :lol:
    Maybe I'm being stupid :lol:
    Yes the illuminations are on. The coach picks us up at 8.30am....we'll have a few stops {usually means about 1 and a half hours for coffee and a wander round some shops} I think he's stopping twice on the way
    Then we always have entertainment in the hotel on an evening
    So that will be the first day....after that not sure. I know we have a tour to the illuminations possible another tour {not sure where} and then amble home on Monday.
    Its a bit of a break and we are all in more or less the same boat :lol: You don't have to worry too much about keeping up with people.
    Peter always comes on the holidays and enjoys it.
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    You're not going AWOL because you've told us. :wink: I hope you have a splendid weekend with sunshine thrown in for good measure. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Have a fun-filled weekend, Hillena. :D

Meg
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Think I got your PM a bit late, but have a lovey time, and more to the point a rest from everything...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Enjoy your break Hileena, you deserve it after what you've been through!! Hope the weather behaves for you all.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Hileena
    i hope both of you have a lovely rest full time. Blackpool is a is a lvely place have you been to pancake polly's you can have them with any meal.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Enjoy your weekend, Hileena - might be a bit cool to go for a paddle!

Tezz x
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Ooh lovely, I've never been to Blackpool actually. Have a good one!
    P.S. Bring me back a stick of rock please! :lol:
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    I'm not long back and just catching up with various posts
    We had a great four days....the weather wasn't bad for this time of year. At least we didn't have any rain. It was windy but in and around the sea what can you expect :wink:
    I didn't go plodging {paddling} :lol:
    We had tours each day..... well the first day was travelling there but stops for a couple of hours each time {stopped twice before we got there} So we had quite a long walk/coffee etc in each place. When we got there had our evening meal and then a tour to see the illuminations
    We then had a tour the next day and got dropped off for 3 hours in 2 different places. Same the next day and today ...well home!!
    I'll be glad to get back to my own bed. I didn't sleep very well. I suppose the beds were comfortable enough but with this fracture it dug in to me and I kept waking.
    Never mind....we'll see how tonight goes
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Welcome back Glad you had a good – if somewhat hectic – time :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Glad you had a good time Hileena, hope you get a better sleep tonight in your own bed xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Hi Hileena,

That sounds like a great trip, taking in so many places on the way then enjoying a meal and the illuminations :)

I'd be a bit nervous about the big rides too, even if they were accessible to the likes of me. Frankly, the way my chauffeur's been driving the WAV lately, I'm surprised my legs are still on straight(ish) :lol: :?

I hope you've been sleeping better since you got back :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • hileena111
    Hi Everyone
    Well one day back and apart from committee meetings {arthritis care} I'm fine
    I slept much better last night although had to get up to go to the loo a couple of times.....blinkin nuisance :lol: but no pain.
    I was sore when I got up this morning but it soon disappeared.
    So apart from not being able to pace myself at the minute things are back to normal.
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Sorry Joan
    Just saw your post....wish I'd seen if before going.......it sounds great...love pancakes :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I've learned a new word which is 'plodging' - I love it! Plodging sounds exactly like how I am moving around today, may I borrow it? I also feel plodgy. Oooooooh Hileena, I love this word because it has many possibilities. :D

I am pleased you enjoyed your break but yes, it is always lovely coming back to one's own bed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Hi DD
    You're welcome to have it.....its a North East one that I now have although originally I had never heard of it before........coming from Northern Ireland :lol:
    Yes it is great to get back to your own bed

Love
    Hileena