Well that was easy, I hope it's worked!

dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 31. Oct 2014, 11:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
My road tax disc expires on Friday and, when investigating renewing on-line, I discovered why I haven't had a reminder: it's gone to the old house because I forgot to change the address on the V5C. Still, I had all the right information so forged ahead. A few clicks later and it was done, obviously I won't be sent a paper disc but I guess I'm legal for Saturday.

It was very straightforward - I just hope it's worked. I will note the reference number on my breakdown rescue papers which are kept in the car, just in case Plod pulls me over for a friendly word. DD
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Just done ours DD, it will be strange driving round with no tax disc in.. :shock:
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Who's a clever girl, then :D Well done! Hope it worked.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Well done DD ,i envy all you folk that can drive neither hubby and i ever learned its one of my regrets in life.Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I tried to do it online the other day and the system was down :? so tried phoning, went through an automated system got to the end to be told I was getting passed over to an advisor :o I went through the same questions with said advisor to be told that the system wouldn't accept my DLA reference number I would have to go to my post office :shock: so much for technology. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    Mine isn't due quite yet but it is going to be weird.
    I will have to write the number down as well.....I'm useless at remembering to carry things around with me :?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Villier, my DLA reference number is my NI number: is it different in Scotland?

Mig, I started 'driving' when I was five, I would sit on my Dad's lap and steer the car while he did the pedals and gears (my arms and legs weren't long enough :wink: ) then, aged seven, I graduated to changing gear whilst Pa steered and did the pedals. This was all executed on the very quiet roads of our housing estate. I was taught by my friend's father but never bothered to take a test because I didn't have (and couldn't afford) a car. That all came later. I love driving and hope I can carry on for a good while yet even though my annual mileage is now less than 2,000 miles per annum. Beatrice is disproportionately expensive to maintain but she is very useful. DD
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    It must be different here DD, they use your NI number and a reference number as well. xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    I've discovered it's the same with you as with me - a thought twigged and I've dug out my Certificate of Entitlement to DLA which has a seven-digit serial number. This is the piece of paper that entitles me to a free tax-disc so I keep it with all my car papers. DD