so excited

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 1. Nov 2014, 04:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
I already have two gorgeous grandsons whom I love to bits and my daughter is expecting her third child. She's just phoned me with the news that it's a girl! We are all thrilled as after two boys we were hoping for a girl but expecting another boy. We've already planned a day shopping tomorrow so I will be looking for something pink and frilly. What also makes it special is that I still have her dolls cradle, originally mine as a child, and her doll's cot, both of which were made by my Dad who died several years ago.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Congratulations slosh I am sure she is going to be one spoiled little girl, enjoy your shopping trip tomorrow, hope you enjoyed your spa break and that it has done you some good.................Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Slosh
    Spa break was lovely thank you and was the break and tonic I needed.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Congratulations to the family.Mig
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Slosh what lovely news... :D:D I have two sons and was hoping for a granddaughter and now we have 3...bet you cant wait xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    I am, especially as there's a chance she could be born on my birthday
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Congratulations all round :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Lovely news Slosh - I'm really pleased for you. I think we're complete on the grandchildren front, but like you, we love our grandsons to bits.

Happy shopping,

Tezz x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Slosh, that's lovely news. In my mum's opinion girl toddlers are a lot more adventurous than boys so be ready! That could just be my two though. Enjoy your shopping trip, nothing like baby clothes to get you all excited about what's to come :)
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    I am so pleased for you all :D

She'll have two big brothers to watch out for her :)

t8320.gif

Wonderful that she'll be able to inherit the precious things your own Dad made too.

Love

Toni xxx