thought I would take the plunge

Options
mackenzier
mackenzier Member Posts: 2
edited 9. Nov 2014, 10:07 in Say Hello Archive
Hi I have PA, I was diagnosed in mu early 20's now in my mid 30's still struggling to admit that anything is wrong hoping that by being brave and joining that I can connection with people who are at the same stage of life and facing similar problems

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi mackenzier and welcome to the forum :) I'm glad you decided to take the plunge :D As you'll see, Phil1RM who posted just before you is also both new and of a similar age range to you so maybe you two can encourage each other.

We have a few people in their 20s and 30s and, if you just join in, you'll soon discover who they are – Starburst, LignumVitae and charleeh come to mind.

I have RA, diagnosed at 15 but now a 68 yr old grandmother. However, there's life in the old dog yet :wink:

Please join in anywhere.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello, it's nice to meet you and I hope we can help with information and support. I have psoriatic arthritis (which is usually abbreviated on here to PsA so as to distinguish it from palindromic arthritis) and the joint damage from that has led to severe OA in some useful joints. I am now reliant on walking aids but that means I can go out more and achieve more which is a positive. Do I wish things were different? Of course I do but they are as they are and I try to make the best of it. I have learned much from other forum members about how to manage my conditions, this is a very useful forum. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben