Christmas films

applerose
applerose Member Posts: 3,621
edited 23. Nov 2014, 15:28 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sorry if this is a little bit early but I've noticed a lot of Christmas films on tv at the moment. I don't want to watch them just yet but wondered what films you all like to watch over the festive season. I'm going to record a few to watch in December. I've got Polar Express so far and am hoping for Nightmare Before Xmas.
Christine

Comments

• theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I wouldn`t describe myself as a film buff, and haven`t even looked at any Christmas films yet, but at some point over the Christmas period my grandsons will want us to watch Polar Express once again.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    I am like you I don't like Christmas films on when its not Christmas..our favorite it it a wonderful life..but must say its wearing thin now after all these years, I loved the polar express..tell you what I do like some of the Christmas cartoons that they put on.. :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I struggle to sit through a whole film which is probably why I've seen the same bits of some several times over while never catching the beginning or end.

It's a standing joke in our house - it must be Christmas as there are lots of films of people knocking seven bells out of each other. Mind you, I can't stand the saccharine stuff either.

I don't think there'll be much TV, let alone films, for us. Christmas promises to be busy.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I struggle to sit through films too but always enjoy watching The Narnia films. I like films like Jason and the Argonauts, rather than today's action adventure films and The Incredibles is a favourite in this house.

I also try to watch the Dr Who Christmas special every year.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • applerose
    How about Miracle on 34th Street or Home Alone?

We took our kids to see Santa Claus the Movie in 1985. They were 9 and 6, perfect. They believed it all. :lol:
    Christine
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    I love 'Miracle on 34th Street', the 1947 version. We always watch 'It's a Wonderful Life', usually on Christmas Eve and it still makes me cry every time.

Meg
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    A Christmas Carol, the original version with Alistair Simm always goes down well in our house. Not really into modern films in our house but enjoy a good spooky yarn like Woman in Black for example.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• applerose
    Ah yes, Christmas Carol. One Xmas, only a couple of months after I left my husband, my son and I were feeling a bit low We watched Scrooged, the Bill Murray version of it. We were each in our own bedrooms and when it finished, they were singing 'And the world will be a better place'. My son and I sang it at the top of our voices, despite it being about midnight or later. Don't know what the neighbours thought but we had a great time. Certainly made us feel much better.
    Christine
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    i think i must be the only one but I'm so bored with the same films all the time, hope something new comes out but doubt it.