Sometimes you just have to be sensible

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 18. Nov 2014, 14:44 in Living with Arthritis archive
Even if you aren't that good at it.
After the girls were born, in a bid to be 'me' and feel like a person again, and whilst heavily confused by a new role of being a responsible mum I had the top cartilage in my ears pierced - like I had had done when I was a fun and free teenager.
They never fully healed - I guess meth and now enbrel made that unlikely. This morning I touched one and it was very gunky so I did the sensible thing to my representation of recklessness lost and I removed the earrings. It isn't the end of the world, it's a bit sad and it's another thing that arthritis took away. Still, I bet it will be comfier to lie down tonight without a swollen earlobe and jabby earring :lol: and I'm sure I can find more fun ways to be reckless!
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Let us know when you find reckless ways to have fun we could all join in.Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    It can be the "little" things that mean a lot that are the most difficult to deal with. But I have to agree that you did the right thing. Somehow, however much we may resent it we just have to do the sensible thing.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I know where you are coming from LV, and you`re bound to feel a little sad, not to mention being angry with the spiteful RA. I`m sure you`ll find some other way to free your reckless spirit!

I think we all lose something to RA - but we just have to bounce back - at least, I do try!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    God decision. Give way on the small things. Save t he t rue r ecklessness for stuff that really matters :D Hope it's soon better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mamasmurf
    mamasmurf Member Posts: 89
    Feel for you but , yes , you did the grown up sensible thing . I was always the quirky one when young , always a bit outrageous ! Last birthday in october had a bit of a midlife episode and got my first tattoo at the age of 59 ! So pleased I did and it is a new experience to shock and amaze my 3 adult kids !
    mamasmurf
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Good for you LV ,like Mig says let us know when you find more reckless things and then we can all join you..I was tempted to have my noise pieced.. :o:lol: hope it heals for you very soon..x
    Love
    Barbara