Things that put a smile on my face today

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 26. Nov 2014, 06:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
But for very different reasons!

FB status from my sister
Fell down the last stair, nothing broken but leg bruised and painful, using a walking stick for a couple of days so I'm stuck at home.

Comment from a young male teacher to me at schoo today.
We were in training and the head mentioned his school days when he coukd remember wooden desks in rows and ink wells.
Mr R turned to me and said "he's showing his age" When I replied that he needed to be careful as I'm older than the Head he looked at me in genuine surprise and said "No!"

Really cheered me up!
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yesterday was a smiley day for me too, first in starting the process of setting up my new Christmas tree and then chatting with a couple of friends over the phone (both conversations involved much giggling).

Slosh, I can understand why you smiled over your sister - be sure to give her plenty of 'crocodile' sympathy. :| How's about getting her a foldable, flowery walking stick for Christmas in case of another tumble? :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    My neighburs children bent over laughing because there daddy's car wouldnt start think they thought the would have ths day off school..I had to laught at there faces when it did start :lol: bless
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Two very different but equally valid smiles, Slosh :D but, in the case of the former, I bet it's not long before you get "Now I know how you feel." (Oh no, you don't :roll: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright