Thank you

LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 23. Dec 2014, 14:50 in Living with Arthritis archive
When I rocked up on the forum after a prolonged absence I posted how I was struggling to face waiting a week before I could have the steroid jab that was going to sort me out and you all, familiar people and new, rushed to support me get through that week. You even counted the days down for me. Little did I, or you, envisage how that week would extend into months and I would become a regular poster and you would all regularly pull me out of the hole. Sometimes it was coping with appointments, sometimes it was coping with pain and often it was coping with people, life and how to deal with everything including toddlers. You had endless suggestions, smiles, hugs and support for me. More than anybody I think you lot pulled me through. Even when it wasn't a post, just knowing that there were other people going through all this, getting these meds, being arthritic, it helped me so much to keep calm and keep a perspective. You taught me patience and you made me learn to laugh through the worst of times. Thank you all, you're magical, each and everyone of you (except for that one celery obsessed one who inspired an entire tripe industry revival). Thank you and merry Christmas
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    LV, I usually agree with you but....

We taught you nothing. You already had oodles of courage, calmness, perspective and patience. If we did anything it was simply to hug you occasionally until you relocated them.

We are all regular visitors to that black hole of appointments, pain, people, life, the universe etc etc. You yourself are one of the people who make the forum what it is because, despite all the above, I don't think you ever post for yourself without hanging around to support others, no matter how tough your current situation.

Thank you in return (as one of the beneficiaries), Merry Christmas to you too and keep taking the tripe – far better than celery or broccoli :hoho:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    LV I thank you too for sharing your twins with us I look forward to sharing a little part of their lives,but I understand what you're saying the people on here helped me through some difficult times and if I can pay a little back well . . . . Merry Christmas . Mig
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh LV, my lovely one, what a moving post and thank you for your very kind words but, like Sticky, I have to disagree: I've learned a fair bit from you about determination and resilience - and I love your sense of humour. :cheesygrin: You offer support to us as and when you can, which is lovely and always appreciated.

We all know what it's like Living with Arthritis and all the other complications that come with it - it's a bit like this - d015.gif as we juggle the meds, offspring, spouses, appointments, twerpy family members and how we cope with it all. I cannot relate to the offspring bit but I can to all the others!

I hope the entire LV clan have an enjoyable Christmas and New Year - here's to a better 2015 for all of us, yes? Take the best care. DD

i75.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    LV I agree with SW you are a strong person anyway so we just helped you along a little..I have always admired how you gave up on your meds to have your lovely girls ...and now having to chase round after them and working from home...I am tired thinking about it...hope you all have a lovely Christmas ..sure you will watching the girls open there presents.. :rudolph: xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    You are an inspiration LV. Nothing else to say :presents:
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Oh LV you are one of the super troopers on here you put in far more than you take out and you do it with style, compassion and humour and I would like to take this opportunity to THANK YOU for all the support you have given me since I joined.

A very Merry Christmas to you Mr LV and your two lovely wee cherubs(hope they are feeling better) Best wishes for 2015 hope this is your year xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Being a very recent member, LV, I can't really claim to have given you any support, but I find you strong, perceptive, and always supportive. I look forward to a prolonged acquaintance in cyber land and wish you and yours the happiest of Christmases.

:xmas_smile: :xmas_smile:
  • kirst74
    kirst74 Member Posts: 72
    Your strength and determination are an inspiration. Love your humour too. Happy Christmas lovely :hoho:
    Kirstyxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    L.V you have been an amazing inspiration and you have always supported us all when we need it so to be a support to you when you have needed it is natural. So I want to wish you and your family a very merry Christmas. Big (())'s.
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I have to admit, you post made me a wee bit misty eyed and I feel exactly the same way. I admire the way that, despite your own struggles and your busy life, you always find time to support others.
    Wishing you, Mr LV and the lovely LV girlies a very lovely, peaceful Christmas. :candycane: