New member saying hi

Frumpyshoes
Frumpyshoes Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Dec 2014, 04:43 in Say Hello Archive
Just a quick note to introduce myself. Diagnosed last month with Psa and been on methotrexate for just over 3 weeks now (not yet helping with pain or swelling yet!) been reading lots of posts - so helpful, especially on those bad days when you can't stop crying with the pain and it feels like it's never gonna get better!! So far one foot and one wrist involved although both seem quite bad (well to me anyway)

Look forward to meeting you all

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello, it's nice to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. Ah yes, my old friend PsA, mine arrived eighteen years ago and still show no inclination to depart. :wink: Along the way I've also acquired OA in some useful joints so it's all jolly good fun. :cheesygrin: (Yes, that is indeed a rictus grin! :lol: )

I remember my early days and how affronted I felt about the whole malarkey, I think it's a phase we all go through and it's normal enough to feel aggrieved and upset about things. You are in the early days of the meds (they can take up to twelve weeks to make an appreciable difference) so hopefully you've had a quick diagnosis which augurs well for success. I know my triple therapy is 'working' in that my bloods are good but I no longer feel an appreciable difference in my joints: hopefully you soon will. How often have you been told to have your bloods done? I urge you to be conscientious about them because they are important.

The forum is very quiet at the moment due to the festive season so please stick around and be patient with us - I am sure things will pick up again in the New Year. All of us on here struggle and especially so at this busy time of year. I wish you well and hope you have as good a Christmas as possible. DD

e018.gif
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Frumpyshoes
    Thanks DD!

Yeah not exactly the forum I was hoping to join ...

Gotta have my bloods done every month but seeing rheumatologist again next month (only met him once very briefly!) so far the mtx appears to be giving me a severe flare for 2 days every week after I take it - I know it doesn't make any sense to me either! Today can't move. I can't take nsaid's or steroids so limited to tylenol which seem to be as much use as a chocolate fire guard. Hope you too have a great Xmas - luckily I won't have to slave in the kitchen this year as OH and eldest daughter have volunteered since I am one-handed. Only had symptoms for 4 months, so hoping that's early enough to prevent anything horrid ....
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    In my experience flares last for weeks, not just a couple of days: you may feel an increase in symptoms but that is not the same as a flare. Meth is a strong medication and it can take the body time to adjust - many on here take their tablets in the evening after their dinner, the food helps to absorb the 'shock' of the tablets on the tum and they should always be swallowed with water.

I hope you enjoy your Christmas as much as possible - remember it's only 24 hours, quite why we get so hysterical about it I do not know. Right, ironing and housework beckon! :cheesygrin: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello and a warm welcome from me.
    I hope to see you around the forum ...just jump in when you are ready... :rudolph:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Hello Frumpyshoes :cheesygrin:
    Lovely to meet you.
    I am so pleased the family have chipped in so that the stress (and pain) of cooking the turkey doesn't fall on you :wink:
    I hope you will find the forums as useful as I have over the years
    Please join in wherever you fancy you will be welcomed :xmas_cheesygrin:
    love
    Toni xxx
  • Frumpyshoes
    Thank you Barbara and Toni - hope you both had a good Xmas break. I had lots of help and we got everything done in the end! Now sick of the sight of turkey!!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Thank you Barbara and Toni - hope you both had a good Xmas break. I had lots of help and we got everything done in the end! Now sick of the sight of turkey!!

Us too!!!
    Thank you we had a lovely Christmas break :cheesygrin:
    love
    Toni xx