First pocket duties of the New Year?

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 1. Jan 2015, 11:15 in Living with Arthritis archive
I have an Orthopaedic appointment on Friday at 9.10. Feel free to come along with me if you are recovered from the new year celebrations!
I would invite you to come along to my physio appointment tomorrow but it's at 8.30 a.m. and not with my lovely Louis Smith (gymnast /strictly winner ) look a like physio :(

What a way to finish one year and start the next :)
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I can't come, I'm afraid, I've got a dental appointment. :xmas_sad:

But I'll be thinking about you. :xmas_lol: Hope it goes well.

Meg
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I don't think you'd want me. I'm pretty germ-ridden right now :roll: But I shall be thinking of you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    I`ll be with you in spirit, Slosh - there might be a few mince pies left from New Year.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    We might know it's the New Year etc. but our bodies don't - :( indeed. I will be there tomorrow as Mr DD will leave for work around 6.30 so I will be awake, and I can do Friday as well.

I sincerely hope that 2015 proves to be a better year for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Can't be with you slosh as I'm pretty much like sticky germ ridden but I shall be with you in spirit. Mig
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Slosh
    I'll be there in your pocket on Friday......OK?

Love
    Hileena
  • Slosh
    Thank you all, and Sticky and Mig I hope you get better soon, there are a lot of nasty bugs doing the rounds at the moment.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Count me in Slosh although I may be a wee tad fragile :xmas_lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    I'll be there
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    I knew I requested a day off work for a reason. ;) Will be there! x
  • Slosh
    Physio session was hard work but went well. The physio assistant was really nice and made the session almost enjoyable. He started off by talking about improving my muscle strength but by the end once he had taken me through exercises that the aim is to ensure the problem doesn't get worse. He has also adjusted my regime so with my leg exercises I do 30 minutes every other day to give my muscles time to rest in between , told me to drop one and gave me really useful tips so it feels much more manageable now. It was a long session though, an hour in all and I go back in two weeks.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    That sounds to be a thorough and positive session, it makes sense to rest the muscles and I hope they soon start to gain strength. It is also good that you are feeling better able to manage things and I hope that feeling lasts. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    Slosh I will be able to join you on Friday and could have been with you in spirit yesterday too sorry.

I'm always up early.

The physio sounded good and you know what to do now I think :)

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    That sounds good and positive albeit hard graft. No gain without pain, though, so I wish you all the best with your regime. I'm sure you won't fail for lack of trying.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hello Slosh
    i will be there for you i hope it goes well.
    we are going into town so let me know if you want anything.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • Slosh
    Thanks all.
    I have set up a reminder on my phone for exercise sessions so I can't "forget" if it's a leg exercise day or not. After giving me the "no pain, no gain" talk at the start of the session which scared me a bit, he ended up by saying he thought he was going to enjoy working with me as he thought it would be fun! I think he soon realised I am doing my best, especially when I got annoyed with the exercise I can't manage at all and almost shouted out how frustrating it is not to be able to do a simple thing like lift my leg up when I'm lying down!

It was a long session at an hour so I don't know if that will be the norm, but at least as I have the first slot of the day I can go into work after.

Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    It may well be a but of a long slog (physio often is) but I have no doubt that you will get there in the end, you have the spirit and determination to do so and it sounds as though you have a good physiotherapist to work with you. Good luck with it all, Slosh, we'll be cheering you on! DD