PIP

Elle
Elle Member Posts: 2
My husband receives DLA low rate care high rate mobility and we have a vehicle that is a WAV as I am in a wheelchair. He has just been assessed for PIP and has been given standard care and no mobility how can you be high rate DLA but get nothing on PIP we have asked for it to be looked at again but that takes up to 9weeks and they will take the car back at the end of this month which would leave us both housebound. I am one of the lucky ones and I get high rate on both care and mobility DLA indefinitely so we can transfer the car to me. If people have to give their car back while waiting for it to be looked at again then get it awarded back this is going to put a lot of pressure on motobility as they are a charity and it will end up they won't be able to help people any more. The letter my husband got said if you can go more than 200 yards aided or unaided you were not entitled my husband can only walk about 10 yards but I can go for miles in my wheelchair therefore I'm not entitled under the rules as they stand. The system is unfair and doesn't work.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Elle welcome to the forum,hope you enjoy chatting to everyone, they are a lovely bunch and they give lots of encouragement.Why not visit the rest of the forum Chit Chat or LWA are the busiest and you will meet lots of people.
    All the best Mod for Friday
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Elle and welcome from me, too :) As you have discovered PIP is causing a lot of problems and many people on here have to appeal. I hope yours goes well. We often suggest enlisting the aid of CAB with the form-filling. How fortunate that you can just transfer the car to your name. I don't suppose Motability would be able to make any concessions if you were not able to take over the lease.

Please come and join us on the other forums. We're good at supporting each other :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Just a further thought, Elle. I don't know about the mobility component but, as for the care section, maybe if you asked your husband's carer to sign a statement saying all he / she has to do for him it might help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright