Hello from a grumpy Mig

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 19. Jan 2015, 14:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
Sorry I haven't been around for a while ,since christmas I have had one cold after another which has left me with a hacking cough that I can't seem to get rid of ,coughed so much I was actually sick, then I started getting pain in right buttock which went down leg and I got cold patches down the leg as well,first thoughts ra is spreading but then realised its like when I had sciatica many many years ago ,so trip to gp this morning who also thinks it could be sciatica,they run a physio session on Friday mornings so he has booked me in there ,if they find anything they can report straight to the doctor,who could order an X-ray ,also had a whole range of blood tests,sip honey and lemon to ease the coughing which I must admit is a little easier today.
I have been looking in to see all the goings on but I was really grumpy as oh will tell you who by the way starts at the gym next week !! Mig

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Mig, I am so sorry that things have not been going too well for you, quite a few go AWOL after Christmas and one is never sure why but it is very good to hear from you again. It can be so hard to shift an infection - did you stop your meds? I wish the OH good fortune at the gym and I remember my late Ma having very nasty sciatica, it was hydrotherapy that finally sorted her out but that may not be an option for you. It is a truly miserable pain so please accept these: ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Mig I have been asking about you in the cafe, I thought you might have gone on one of your trips..so sorry you have been so poorly...you poor thing and so near Christmas...I hope the xrays can bring some answers..and they can help with the pain...(((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Hello dear Migster.
    Sorry to hear you've not been so good. I do hope things will improve and SOON.

I have either trapped a nerve or pulled a muscle myself. Horrid pain when you move in the wrong direction etc :x

Best wishes and Yorkshire Blokey Hugs aplenty.
    X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Sorry to hear you've been poorly Mig - I hope the cough disappears soon. Sciatica is horrible, so I hope it clears up quickly for you.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Bad colds plus sciatica is a very nasty combination. I hope Friday's physio helps and the cough soon goes. I think this qualifies for some of these ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Oh Mig poor you no wonder you feel grumpy will all that going on hope you feel better soon . to be honest we can all get grumpy when feeling unwell or in pain I know I am. (((((hugs)))) coming your way.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    So sorry to hear you've been ill mig. Hope it all clears up soon, and that you find out what your back pain is. :(

s010.gif

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    I had that cold kick in a week before Christmas and it was still with me 3 weeks later, I am still not totally clear of it yet its got legs I'll give it that. My advice is try and drown it with gin, it worked for me hoc!!! :mrgreen:

Oh and if anyone is wondering SODC council office fire at Crowmarsh had absolutely nothing to do with me!.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    ((((())))) mig , had noticed you hadn't been around but like Barbara thought you were away on a trip. Sciatica I remember it well, good luck with the physio I hope your cough and cold gets better soon xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mig
    Thanks everyone for your concern ,the cough is not so bad today been flogging the wheat bag on my back ,hopefully the physio tomorrow will give some answers,will report back if I'm able.Mig
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,096
    Hope it goes well tomorrow and the gin (hello Mellman) or whatever you choose to throw at it helps give the last of the cough & cold side of things the boot. xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry you've been ill. Hope things have improved now. How did the physio go? Hope it helps.
    Christine
  • mig
    Physio went well ,got a booklet with exercises marked in them for me to do,could be connected to when i slipped on the stairs,bit stiff this morning so did the gentle exercises am now having a cuppa and have got the wheat bag on back.Cough is now just a tickle but its very irritating honey and lemon tonight maybe with a tot of something in it. Mig
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Oh Mig!!!!!!!!!

I am so pleased you've reappeared, but not that you've been so rough :(

Get well soon and I too am sat here with my wheaty!!

What a great GP getting you physio so fast

Love

Toni xxx
  • mig
    GP practice has a physio clinic on a friday morning so that you can be assessed or like me be hopefully sorted there and then . My gp is what i call a baby doctor in that he is so young ,he's welsh and has a lovely lilt to his voice.Mig
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Sounds like you're smitten lol. .

Hope that the physio helps in a big way hun.xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    Feel better soon, Mig.
  • applerose
    Hope the exercises help. I've had physio a few times and find they are good. Sometimes takes a little while though.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Baby doctors are the best - they still care usually and think they can 'fix' most health problems. His voice sounds lovely ;)

Love

toni xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Hope things are improving still adn the exercises aren't tiring you out. I have two little snot bundles here and they are both very grumpy - I think the ill makes you grumpy no matter how hard you try. I bet you aren't pulling your sister around the room by her hair, biting her or drooling wildly because breathing through your mouth and swallowing are too many things to do at once though :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :o If she is, I want the movie, please :wink:

Mig, I hope things are improving. ((()))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello again my lovely, how are things now? You know me, any excuse and I drop the meth etc. :wink: but I am certain that I get better quicker as a result. Bugs are tenacious (especially at this time of the year) and I hope that yours clears soon.

Has the OH started at the gym? If so, how did he get on? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    The cough seems to have gone without my realising it,the rest is letting me know its there but responding to exercise i think.
    hubby goes for his first gym app on wed ,its a meet and greet and form filling session so no kit required ,just had a mental picture of him in lycra :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Mig
  • applerose
    Glad things are improving for you Mig. Wonder if all the men wear lycra. :lol:
    Christine