Just as well I love him

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 18. Jan 2015, 15:30 in Community Chit-chat archive
It didn't surprise me when I found a small hole in a fairly old fitted bottom sheet a few weeks before Christmas. I replaced the sheet and thought that was that. Today I was making the bed and found another hole, bottom sheet, tiny, jagged, as if it had been torn rather than worn. I instantly turned into Victoria Meldrew and Mr SW, who was passing the bedroom door, came in to see what all the fuss was about. I explained.

“Oh” he said placidly, “It'll be the bracelet from my watch” and, diagnosis complete, turned to go.

“But it's the second sheet in just over a month” I protested.

“I always wear my watch in bed.”

“Well, you'll have to stop. I can't keep buying sheets at this rate.”

He sighed at the injustice of it.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Love it... :lol::lol: there is never a dull moment with men...hope you have put your foot down with the watch... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    I must admit I wear my watch in bed but it has a leather strap, get him to put a sweat band over it in bed see what his reaction will be then :lol: xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    It`s funny that - Nick`s watch is a chunky thing with an altimeter & other gadgets for when he`s out in his beloved mountains, and he always wears it in bed & I`ve never been able to understand why. I keep telling him he doesn`t need a compass to get from bedroom to bathroom.

When he starts leaving holes in the sheet it will be "off with his watch!!"
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    I don't understand, wearing a watch to bed would be so uncomfortable. Tearing a sheet, well that would drive me nuts! Off with the watch Mr. Sticky!
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    I do wear my watch in bed but it has a leather strap and isn't an expensive one.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Mine has never worn his watch in bed but today he trampled over a recently cleared flowerbed, flattening some bulbs along the way. :roll:

I have just refilled a seed feeder and thought I could hear some buzzing: it's two degrees here, with sleety showers and there was a fat bumble bee, hovering around the ivy. :shock: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    I like the way he kept quiet about the damage until confronted with the evidence!
    Give him a needle and thread and insist he repairs any damage in future. He'll soon decide to remove the watch.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Why don't men see the problem with things like this? My sister has been coughing a lot in the mornings. She found that her OH had been letting the cat sleep on the bed when he came home after night shift. When my sister goes to bed, she has to change the bedding every night. Her OH still doesn't get it and the cat still sleeps on the bed.
    Christine
  • Tinkerbell
    Tinkerbell Member Posts: 5
    I have a small candle oil burner and ever day I had to fill it up as going through lots of scented oil couldn't figure it out. Came from work one day to find oil burner on the side in the kitchen, empty. I asked hubby why it was in kitchen? His response "I wash that darn thing ever day and every day there's dam slimey stinky stuff in it I've no idea where it's coming from". At that point I gave up!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    tkachev wrote:
    I like the way he kept quiet about the damage until confronted with the evidence!
    Give him a needle and thread and insist he repairs any damage in future. He'll soon decide to remove the watch.

Elizabeth

!!!! That'll teach him!!!!!

:D

(Christine that's plain stupid that - your poor sister!)
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    oh Sticky what are they like all much the same I think its a male thing.
    bet if you made him replace the sheet he would soon take if off. but as you say good job we love them.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Oh dear! Reading your stories makes Mr SW seem like a paragon of virtue. (He's started removing his watch.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Sorry Tinkerbell. Couldn't help laughing at that. You're right Toni. It is a bit stupid of my BIL when he knows what it does to my sister. At least Sticky's OH has come to his senses.
    Christine