Hello I'm new here

Options
pamela3
pamela3 Member Posts: 11
edited 5. Feb 2015, 08:08 in Say Hello Archive
Hello every-one,

I've just had a look round the site and decided to come on.I am newly diagnosed with neck and spine arthritis but am trying to look for a few hobbies I can enjoy to take my mind off the pain and side effects of tablets.I enjoy chatting and helping people when I can[I worked for the DWP so know a bit about benefits and filling in claim forms].I enjoy watching TV,doing jigsaws and family history[been doing that nearly thirty years now.]

Look forward to joining in with chat.

Pam

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi pamela3 Glad you decided to come on the forum.You will find that everyone is friendly and encouraging and all will try and help and support you.You are welcome to try all the forums LWA and Chit chat are the busiest,but you can choose which one suits you best.
    all the best,Mod on Friday :)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I have two kinds of arthritis, an auto-immune plus osteo, and also believe in the powers of distraction. I recently bought myself a Wentworth wooden puzzle of magnolias in bloom with snow, no two pieces the same and I have yet to broach it. :oops: I opened the box, gasped, and closed it again! I have a fuzzy work pad for jigs, and the wooden ones mean I can rest it at a gentle slope which eases any strain on my neck (touch of OA in there). They are also chunkier in their construction so easier to pick up.

One of the main advantages of the forum is that you are speaking to the initiated, we are all similarly troubled and do understand the frustrations and limitations that our varying conditions bring. I hope to see your name here and there around the boards; I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Hello Pam and welcome from me too. I have RA and OA. My neck's very stiff but my spine isn't too bad - touch wood :wink:

I'm all for distraction and, basically, it's whatever rocks your boat. Cricket's my favourite but my sister loves jigsaws.

If you are well up on benefits etc you'll be a big asset on here. I usually refer people to CAB as I know very little about them.

I hope you'll enjoy being with us. Please join in anywhere on any thread. We don't bite :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • sookieedee
    sookieedee Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all, I just discovered this forum and thought I would pop in. I've had the standard arthritis for a few years now - mostly in the knees and my right foot. I used to walk all over London with great ease and took for granted, as we invariably do, that nothing would ever change. My parents at 60 years of age were bouncing all over the place. What happened to me?! Ha.

Weight bearing exercises are useful and I have a cross country exercise machine out in the garage to keep the legs circulated. But I do miss walking just for the sake of it and the healthy outdoors feeling.

Cheers, Sookie