Anyone know if

mig
mig Member Posts: 7,154
edited 29. Jan 2015, 04:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
There is a product that will help keep bits off a wool coat ? for last winter i brought a dark navy coat from m&s ,i had money and a gift card for birthday so i decided to put them towards a new coat its a lovely coat smart, warm and looks good dressed up or down the only problem is it attracts bits i only wear it once and it looks covered so next time i want to wear it i have to clean it down with one of those sticky rollers, i had it dry cleaned a few months ago and told them the problem i was having they couldn't come up with a solution so I'm passing the problem on to you folk . Mig

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    As the owner of a white haired dog I can confirm that the only thing whihc works for me is a rubber clothes brush with fine teeth (are they called teeth on a brush?) I use it when I am about to leave the house, when I put anything like nice wool coats away and in between when necessary. I try to avoid tissues, anything woolly and pale and hope that the beautiful dog doesn't greet me when I am coming in/ going out. I find the rubber brush so much more effective than the sticky roll things but a bit harder work.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    The coat sounds lovely and, if the weather forecast is to believed, will be very necessary in the coming week(s).

Alas, I have no solution. It is a well-known fact that there are two kinds of dirt - the dark kind which is attracted to light-coloured objects and the light kind which is attracted to dark-coloured objects.

(Is there a Scotch Guard for clothing?)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    Blinking heck Sticky just googled it ,amazon came up with scotch guard for fabrics and upholstery and is suitable for clothing.Mig
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    On second thoughts, isn't it just a stain repellant not a 'bits' repellant :(
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    OH DEAR thought id cracked it .Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    It's for stains - my mum was very excited to use it on my clothes when I was little...I can't think why :roll:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mig..I was just going to say the waterproof stuff for clothing helps ,its similar to scotchguard..but see SW thought of it...I have a navy one and it does help..and keeps the rain off..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Hope someone finds a solution. I have a lovely black coat which is often covered in white dog hair from either my daughter's dog I'm looking after for a while or my son's dog when I visit or get in my his car.
    Christine
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    We are a house full of hair shedders (particularly we girlies) so I use sellotape !

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,458
    Perhaps we could find a way to get paper hankies that have been through the washing machine off of fleeces?