Quote of the day

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 30. Jan 2015, 08:52 in Community Chit-chat archive
As a teacher one of the most important skills is being able to keep a straight face at times. This is why.
I was doing an assessment this afternoon on a pupil with special needs

Me: What is a dinosaur?

Pupil: A dinosaur is an animal that was around in 1998 but I'm not sure of the exact date.
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Second best quote from a year 6 girl.

"She just called me Madonna. I'm not an old creaky popstar"
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    :lol::lol::lol:

Kids - don't you just love 'em!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Oh Slosh, that takes me back! I would love to post my favourite real-life quote but the forum rules forbid: it came from a 7 year old boy in my class of mixed 6 - 7 years old, uttered in St Saviours, Knightsbridge, on a Monday morning as the vicar was wandering down the aisle to 'do' our weekly church service for the whole school.

My favourite written howler is 'Russians use a Acrylic alphabet.' One of my former pupils called apostrophes 'sky commas' - isn't that a lovely phrase? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    And I thought dinosaurs were extinct :o
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    :lol::lol: blimey that does make em feel old..I'm from the 1950s :lol: I remember a program that used to have children answering questions, it was brilliant to listen to them :D ..bet you get some laughs..
    Love
    Barbara