Hello everyone!

Babs
Babs Member Posts: 4
edited 16. Feb 2015, 02:29 in Say Hello Archive
I thought I was alone. How wrong could I be. I have spent the last two weeks confined to my bed with yet another relapse of Fibromyalgia. It's such a lonely place to be. Generally speaking I can get through the days even though they feel like an endurance test. Then, every now and then I'm flattened by 'IT'. I can feel it coming, but I still ignore the signs. Then WHACK! I'm flat on my back in chronic pain thinking "Why didn't I just listen to my body? Why have I got to keep pushing it to it's limits".
Will I ever learn? I'm so glad to have found this forum. Maybe I can get some advice from people who actually KNOW what they are talking about. Here's hoping.
Babs

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Welcome to the Arthritis Care Forum from all the Moderation Team. We are volunteers and we each live with arthritis. If you have any questions let us know and we will try to help you become familiar with the forum.

New members often post here on Say Hello first, please start a new thread each time, then be brave and respond to any posts in any of the public forums where you will find a friendly, diverse group of members who will listen and offer support, advice and encouragement as well as chat and distraction from your cares and woes. It's easy to begin a new thread when you are ready, click on the new topic button at the top of the list of threads. Give as much information as you feel comfortable with, but never post your contact details in the forum, and think carefully before sharing such information by 'pm' or private message

Your first 2 posts will not immediately appear on the forum, instead they go into 'moderation', a place where a moderator will read your post and either approve or disapprove it. You will get a pm - personal message - either way. All posts from genuine new members will be approved - we moderate to remove as many 'spam' posts as we can before appear on the forum.

You will find the forum rules here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/GetInvo ... orum-rules and the terms and conditions here http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/GetInvo ... Conditions. It's worth having a read of the rules before you make many posts just to get a feel of what is and isn't allowed.

Once again welcome, it's lovely to meet you, come on in!

Mod J
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Babs form another Babs..and welcome to the forum
    You are not alone now you have joined us, I don't have fibro but have OA in multiple joints..so know the tiredness caused by pain, talking to us will help..I know it helped me..there are a few people on here with Fibro so if like the mods say you start a thread in Living with arthritis..headed fibro I am sure someone will be along to help..you take care and don't forget we are always here to support one another..
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Babs and welcome from me too :) Like Barbara, I don't have fibro either just RA and OA but there are several on here who do.

Please join in on the other forums where you're more likely to find them. I hope we'll be able to help :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello Babs, it's lovely to meet you but I am sorry you have had to find us. I too have fibro and it's far from fun. :( I have spent a lifetime listening to my body thanks to other conditions but I can understand why it can be so difficult to master this skill.

Humans are 'wonderful' in how they refuse to learn from experience :wink: but on AC it's different because the majority of us have been there, learned it and done it. I hope we can help you to do the same. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Babs
    Babs Member Posts: 4
    Thanks so much for all your replies. I think the thing that I find most difficult is trying to juggle work and Fibro. When I have a relapse I feel so much pressure to get back to work, and the added pressure sets me back again. I'm lucky in that I work in a school. I know that every 5-6 weeks I will get a break. I just try to pace myself and then collapse every half term. This time I only managed 3 weeks. Not good!
    Moving forward I'm going to try a new diet. The idea is that I will increase the magnesium intake which should help (said someone somewhere).
    I've got to the stage where I will try anything now.
    I'm 47 and feel 97. There's got to be something out there that will help.
    :(