so I managed to move house and not have a flare up!!!

Options
charleeh
charleeh Member Posts: 173
edited 27. Feb 2015, 04:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all,

Haven't been on in a while as we were told on the 18th of December we could move house.... with no prior warning!!

Been completely manic but managed to not have a flare up!

miracles happen ay???

(although for some reason I feel a bit of swelling in odd joints now all the stress is over more or less!)

How has everyone else been??

Best wishes,
Charleeh

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I moved in December 2013 and ran on an adrenalin-fuelled high for some weeks then - BANG. It evaporated overnight. :lol: Rest as and when you can (whether you feel you should or not) and I hope that it doesn't materialise.

How do you like the new accommodation? Is it better suited to your needs? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Well done! You must have done some things very right :D

Am I right in thinking you were also going to USA this month? Has that happened yet or did it have to be put on hold due to the move?

I do hope you'll be very happy in your new home :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Charleeh and welcome back
    You really have done well there and should be proud of yourself..not a nice experience moving house,especially has it was last min... :shock: hope you can now enjoy your new home... xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Hi Charleeh,

I`m glad you survived the house move, and hope you don`t have some sort of delayed reaction. Best of luck in your new accommodation.

Tezz x
  • charleeh
    charleeh Member Posts: 173
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Is it better suited to your needs?

I am getting a shower put in - but apart from that its excellent, lots of room for me to get around better :)
    Indeed I need to rest before it all goes belly up... maybe it is the adrenaline LOL!!! :wink:
    Am I right in thinking you were also going to USA this month? Has that happened yet or did it have to be put on hold due to the move?

Yes Sticky!!! we go the end of March!! very excited to go, however a lot lighter on the money side now as the move came unexpectedly.... We have been lining up all of our bird watching places to visit and I have booked our tours - at present I feel like erecting a Star Trek style level 5 force field around my house to keep away germy people :lol: I am praying that I do not have a repeat of my last visit to the states!!

And thanks everyone for the well wishes ... it means a lot as its our first place on our own... so if I have a flare up, I am on my own while the other half is at work :lol:
    Only thing in the back of my mind is the toilet is upstairs so maybe my husband will have to leave me supplies upstairs and I wait the flare out up there lol :roll:

Best wishes,
    Charleeh x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    There's no way to put this delicately so I'll just forge ahead :roll: I think your local adult social care people would provide you with a commode if you felt it might help. They once lent me one when I came out of hospital 'as a precaution'. I actually never needed to use it but it didn't look bad - just a bit like a dining chair with a removable seat.

I have a frame that goes round the loo for the times when the raised loo seat isn't enough. It spends most of its life in the garage but comes into the house on a few, vital occasions. Maybe you could do something similar with a commode?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright