Parts of message in email being blocked.

applerose
applerose Member Posts: 3,621
edited 2. Mar 2015, 03:36 in Community Chit-chat archive
Morning everyone. Just checked my emails and new posts are being sent from LissettB instead of Sharonk. Instead of clicking on the link, I came here to check and the new posts are there so that's ok. However, if I do click on the link in the email, it says that part of the message has been blocked for my safety. Does anyone know what has been blocked? Unsure now if I should use the links.
Christine

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Is this PMs Christine???

Wasn't Sharonk the webmanager????

Perhaps part of the message had swearing in it??

I think if I were you I would PM the mods/webmanager for advice??

Love

Toni xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Mm I'm with frog. I suspect overactive moderation. You are being protected from naughty words and / or 'advertising'.

Yesterday, on LWA, I replied to two posts. One of them had the long S. American river asterisked and the other left it in.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    It was an email to alert me that someone had posted in a thread I was following. I went to the website and looked at the post from there. Nothing naughty in the post there. I'm wondering if it's my settings in my email box blocking something. never happened before though. Only the emails from Lissett. yes, I think Sharon was the mod the emails used to come from so I'm guessing Lissett is new. It's probably nothing serious. I'm just being careful.

:balloon:
    Christine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Applerose

LisettB is our new WebManager on the forums and yesterday we changed the forum settings so that automatic notification emails had her address as the sender.

I'm trying to replicate your issue with the partial blocking of messages using a test account that is subscribed to LWA and ChitChat. So far, nothing: I get emails as normal to say there are new posts with links to click. I have no problems when clicking the links, either on iPad, Mac or PC laptop (thorough bit of testing there :D )

Question: Is the message coming from your email program or does it appear when the browser opens the page on the forum?

As you say, it may be a setting in your email software.

Please PM us if the problem persists.
    All best wishes
    Mod B
  • applerose
    Hi ModB. Thanks for checking it out. I thought LisettB must be the new web manager but wanted to be sure.

The message pops up when I click on the link in the email. I need to agree to download the blocked content before I am taken to the forum. I have the option to download it once or every time. No-one else seems to have this so I'm guessing it's my email program.
    Christine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Hi Applerose

That certainly is a feature of email software, usually as a security check to make sure you want to see all the message from a person that the software doesn't have in their list of "safe" sources.

Just agree that this address is safe & say "yes" to "always download the content", and your email experience should return to normal. I'm not quite sure of the actual phrasing of the messages but that is the gist of it :D

Hope this sorts the problem.

Best wishes
    Mod B
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Ohh only just seen this ,apparently my PMs are going through has LisettB it started yesterday..or the day before not sure..
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    i took the risk and have done as you suggested Mod B and all seems fine again. Thank you.

Yes, Barbara, the new moderator took over yesterday. Think it must have been the new name that blocked some of the email but mine is ok now I have allowed it to download.
    Christine
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Christine I had the same problem so must have the same program as you I used to get it when it was Sharonk and fixed it as you have done, you shouldn't have any more problems with it xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • applerose
    Thanks Villier. That's good to know.
    Christine