Hello

AlexH
AlexH Member Posts: 3
edited 1. Mar 2015, 10:06 in Say Hello Archive
Hello everyone my name is Alex. I am 44 and i have osteoarthritis. I came on here really to see if there was any groups or meetings in my area of people like me. My husband left last March. The kids get on with their own lives as i dont want to be a burden. I just want to be able to meet up with people who understand. I have a blue badge and got abuse off an older lady as she said i wasnt entitled to one being so young !!! hmmmm i wasnt aware there was a set age to have a degenerative disease :roll: Anyway if anyone knows of any groups or meets around merseyside i would be most greatful.Thanks in advance Alex x

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hello AlexH

Welcome to Arthritis Care Forums. As mods we are here to help with any problems you may have on the message boards.

There are lots of lovely people here with a wide range of experiences with arthritis and the problems of living with the condition. Just join in wherever you like you will be made very welcome.

I look forward to seeing you posting on the boards.

All best wishes

Moderator AC
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Hello Alex and welcome :) Hey, if only there were an age restriction – wouldn't that be great :lol: We'd have no need for the 'My Child Has Arthritis' forum. However there isn't, we're stuck with it and there's a great deal of ignorance that we're stuck with too :roll:

Now then, as for groups in your area, I had a look but can't see anything in Merseyside itself.
    (http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/InyourArea/NorthEngland/our-branches/Lancashire ). I wonder how far you could travel.

There is, of course, always us :D We're always here and up for a natter either about arthritis itself or anything else (on Chit Chat). I hope we'll see you around.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • AlexH
    AlexH Member Posts: 3
    Hi thankyou very much for the welcome :) Because of the info you provided I have found a group and its quite a drive but i feel it will be worth it. The meeting is on the 7th of march at wrightington. I will let you know how i get on. Thanks again :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    Ooooh I do hope it proves worthy of the drive :) Thanks for getting back to us and, yes, it would be lovely to know how you get on - good or bad :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hello Alex and welcome..I am glad to see SW has helped you find a group in your area..I hope you find it helpful...
    Love
    Barbara